Full Time Contract
Do you want to immerse yourself in a vibrant part of the country, practice your Spanish, and impact a community of students in a meaningful and sustainable way? Apply to be a teacher with us!
Volunteers Colombia is a non-profit organization which seeks to broaden opportunities for Colombia´s youth through English education and the promotion of intercultural exchange, social development and global citizenship. Since its founding in 2009, Volunteers Colombia has partnered with numerous government organizations and hosted more than 1,000 volunteers who have served as co-instructors of the English language in underserved Colombian public schools and educational institutions.
We are currently hiring English teachers for our Secretary of Education program in Barranquilla!
This program is in partnership with the Secretary of Education in Barranquilla and promotes English language learning and application for primary students. Volunteer responsibilities will be to co-teach students primary students, lesson plan with your co-teachers, and develop activities that promote intercultural understanding.
- Monthly Stipend
- Program Completion Bonus
- Volunteer Visa
- Colombian ID Card
- National Health Insurance Coverage
- ESL training
- Opportunity to earn a TEFL Certificate
- National support from our Headquarters in Bogota
- Regional support from our Regional Coordinator in Barranquilla
- School support from your local mentor and co-teacher at your school
- Native English-speaker or non-native speaker with C1 proficiency
- Intermediate Spanish
- University Degree
- Clean criminal history
- Physically and mentally able to work in a fast-paced environment with kid and adult learners
- Prior volunteer or international experience a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your CV our Recruitment Director, Elizabeth O'Brien, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out our online application here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NMf8Rx_tK3bqN3SUzBEEL27yFz2hJDZTYXncWjzWMPs