515 King St, Suite 420
Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer
ZERO — The End of Prostate Cancer, http://www.zerocancer.org is the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy.
ZERO is seeking a motivated self-starter to grow a community chapter in the Mid-Atlantic with the goal of localizing ZERO programs, drawing supporters to the cause and raising funds to advance the organization's mission.
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director will develop and implement strategies for recruiting new sponsors, volunteers, and ZERO champions to support ZERO’s programs including the run/walk program and other fundraising activities, and local education, advocacy, and awareness initiatives. S/he will serve as the liaison for all ZERO events in their region.
As ZERO grows its chapter presence nationwide, the Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director will work in close collaboration with ZERO national staff to evaluate volunteer needs, create best practices around volunteer management and retention, and identify areas for growth.
The Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director’s Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Grow revenue in the region through cultivating peer-to-peer fundraisers, local sponsors, and building a robust and active community tied to prostate cancer
· Develop relationships with existing fundraisers and foster new fundraisers
· Work with national staff to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals, expense budgets, and participant recruitment strategies
· Establish and cultivate active volunteer and advocate pool through community engagement in the region
· Engage businesses, organizations, and community groups through meetings and presentations to recruit teams and manage accounts on a year-round basis
· Work to achieve the run/walk goals including strategies regarding sponsorship, team recruitment and retention, media outreach, and a year-long communications plan
- Integrate digital marketing initiatives, such as email blasts to volunteers, constituents, and local community, as well as social media outreach that will target potential run/walkers, donors, and constituents who will help support our mission
· Implement and coordinate all volunteer recruitment and retention for local ZERO run/walks and other educational programs
· Manage regional solicitation of team captains, corporate teams, local sponsors, and the creation of a fundraising committee
· Identify and connect with prostate cancer resources in the region to build partnerships and share expertise
· Leverage ZERO resources to use in your state (marketing, government relations, events, operations, etc.)
· Cultivate relationships with key ZERO partners in the medical community
· Create a ZERO presence at wellness fairs, health fairs and corporate speaking engagements utilizing volunteer base
· Serve as the ZERO representative at all regional events including run/walks, endurance events, wellness fairs, and other special events.
· Develop and support all other local fundraising events
· Help cultivate non-event donors in the Mid-Atlantic region
· Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track all engagement<pre class="ql-syntax" spellcheck="false"> </pre>
Job Location: ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). Preference will be given to candidates who are located in the D.C. Metro area.
· Proven fundraising success with local corporations and peer to peer
· Bachelor's degree
· An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness and support for prostate cancer
· Three or more years of professional experience in empowering individuals to volunteer
· Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve fundraising goals
· Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships.
· Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
· Excellent and well demonstrated project management skills (ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects)
· The energy and drive and experience in creating and growing a chapter
· Ability to travel weekly throughout the region
· Ability to travel 10 weekends per year
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position reports to the Vice President of Events.
ZERO provides excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, and life insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director in the subject line.