211 3rd Avenue
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., one of the largest not-for-profit, non-governmental social service agencies in LA County, is seeking a motivated, independent, leader and visionary with a passion for helping children grow and flourish on all levels. The Director will oversee, continuously develop and improve three after-school program locations serving elementary children.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Child Development Program Director has oversight of all teaching staff in this wonderful and loving, child-focused afterschool program for elementary children and ensures that all programs, services and locations are in compliance with state and applicable licensing requirements and safety regulations. In addition, the Director will assist with curriculum development, ensure appropriate staff training, and will participate hands-on with the children when necessary. The Director will create annual strategy, including plans to expand existing programs and develop and market new programs and identify funding sources.
- Child Development Program Director Permit through the state of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Must maintain current infant, child and adult CPR certificate (15 hours)
- Must have a Professional Growth Advisor
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a licensed child development program.
- Must have supervisory experience, self-starter, self-motivated, creative and detail oriented.
- Excellent written, communication, public speaking, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires frequent travel to three locations: Westchester, Santa Monica, and South L.A.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
Excellent Benefits Package to include the following:
- Life insurance
- 15 vacation days per year
- 10 sick days per year
- 12 paid holidays
- Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Availability
Minimum Education Required