Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a polished and positive, mission-driven Executive Assistant to join the team!
This is an ideal position for someone who is excited about the charter movement and has a working background in educational settings.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values Are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match, as well as working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
About the Role:
Reporting to Brooklyn Prospect’s Deputy Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will work closely with the organization’s senior leadership team. This person will help keep the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community.
As the Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain calendar and daily schedule for Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer
- Support other senior leaders’ schedules and requests, as needed
General Office Support
- Serve as office manage by creating and maintaining a neat, welcoming & organized office environment
- Schedule, plan for, and welcome senior leadership team members’ external visitors
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail for office
- Answer phones; redirect inquiries & relay messages to staff in timely manner
- Coordinate and execute office purchasing, maintaining office supplies and assisting with supply inventory control
- Manage copy machines supplies, printer, and other office equipment
- Manage office technology (conference calls, Zoom, room reservation system,, etc.)
- Create and manage comprehensive office filing systems
- Purchase and maintain inventory of marketing collateral + “swag”
- Other duties as needed to support the work of the senior leadership team
Board of Trustee Support
- Support board initiatives including fundraising, calendar management, mailings, quarterly, and ad hoc meetings and calls
- Maintain board’s basic filing index of corporate documents
- Support the maintenance of donor files
- Support donor appeals and acknowledgment process
- Coordinate, order and package gifts as needed for events
- Schedule VIP tours, including student ambassadors
- As part of a growing organization, contribute toward the development of standard operating procedures in all areas of influence, and continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency
- Assist with other duties as needed, and provide general support of the BPCS mission in whatever way possible
**The critical features of this role are described above but not all encompassing.
- A minimum of BA/BS Degree
- Top-notch organizational skills; flexible and strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive growth mindset and collaborative working style
- Working knowledge of Mac, Google Apps and Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word (including Mail Merge)
- At least 1-2 years working experience as an admin assistant or office manager, including experience with event planning, project planning, and office management
- Experience in an academic/educational setting is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
About Benefits & Compensation:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.