2101 L St., NW
Green Business Certification Inc. is currently seeking WELL Reviewers to work with their certification team. GBCI is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. Its integrated team of green building specialists and administers credentials and certifications for the U.S. Green Building Council (LEED), the International WELL Building Institute (WELL Building Standard), International Finance Corporation (EDGE), PEER, Sustainable SITES, Zero Waste, IREE and GRESB. These highly motivated individuals will use their extensive industry experience, technical expertise and project management skills to work within a dynamic, high performing cross functional team to deliver certification and onsite assessment services for the WELL Building Standard.
This position may be performed in Washington, D.C., or remotely within the USA and India.
· Perform in-depth technical review and analyses of building design, construction, and operations for compliance with The WELL Building Standard
· Educate the marketplace by effectively communicating technical requirements through written, verbal, and in-person meetings with project team
· Provide technical and operational client support for projects pursuing and evaluating WELL Certification
· Perform onsite performance testing in accordance with WELL requirements
· Perform quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) review of work done by other GBCI Reviewers, contracted reviewers and WELL Performance Testing Agents
· Contribute to the continued development and increased technical knowledge of fellow Certification Reviewers through collaborative teamwork
· Contribute to the development of a global market of approved Performance Testing Agents by conducting WELL Performance Testing workshops
· Assist in developing, reviewing, and refining GBCI programs, policies and plans, as well as specific feature language and reference materials.
· Assist in conceiving and developing improvements to the certification review process based on personal knowledge and vision, or user feedback.
· Liaise with other Standard developers and their associated technical committees
· Liaise with GBCI Credentialing team, IWBI and other internal and external groups as needed.
· Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends.
· Assist with mentoring other team members
· Other duties as assigned.
· 25%-30% (international and domestic).
Related Organizational Goals and Objectives
· Support GBCI's mission to become the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business performance and practice globally
· encourage and accelerate global adoption of green business practices through various sustainability standards, tools, and performance criteria
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Training Requirements/Preferences
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a field of study related to one or more of the following specialties:
o Architecture (architecture, landscape architecture, interior design)
o Engineering (mechanical, civil, structural)
o Planning (urban/transportation/environmental planning, urban design)
o Building Operations (facility management, property management)
o Environmental Science (ecology, biology, environmental management)
o Environmental Design
o Health Science
· Currently licensed professional in specialty area preferred. Other professional certifications as relevant to area of expertise.
· WELL AP preferred, required within 6 months
· Minimum 5 years direct professional experience in area of specialty. Having expertise in more than one of the areas listed below strongly preferred.
· Experience performing green building certification/conformance assessment functions and/or executing building commissioning, environmental testing, or health inspections
· Ability to read, understand and interpret building floor plans, sections, site plans, zoning maps, interior furniture and finish plans, construction specifications and operational policies.
· Detailed technical understanding of and experience with one or more of the following design and building topics: materials specification, fenestration, HVAC systems, environmental testing, master planning, lighting, building commissioning
· Onsite construction or construction management experience preferred.
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
· Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Energetic, detail-oriented and able to prioritize
· Experience serving in technical consultative role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
· Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
· Ability to work well both independently and on teams
· Ability and willingness to self-initiate
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite
· Fluent written and spoken English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
Note the title of the position you are applying for.
Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
No phone calls, please.