Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Based in: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Sr. Benefits & Compensation Manager
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
A Bit About the Human Resources Team
We're seeking a self-motivated and creative Coordinator to join PSI's Human Resources team. The values that guide our work are playful professionalism, innovative thinking, the desire to provide the highest level of quality and service to our internal clients, make an impact, and keep it real. So, if you love a good challenge, and care about making a difference both big and small, read on!
In this position, the Human Resources Coordinator will have the opportunity to enhance and further develop their skills and understanding of the international development field and general human resources through interactions with domestic and international employees, program staff and other support service departments.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Ensure compliance of all new hires by completing Patriot Act/Bridger process and monitoring background check request completion for new hires
- Assemble orientation and training materials for Employee entry/transfer (New Hire binders, welcome kits, etc.), and assist HR colleagues in ensuring a smooth Day 1 orientation for new staff, including providing logistical support (preparatory and day-of), scheduling, and troubleshooting for orientation.
- Prepare and send out official new hire communication and documentation including, but not limited to offer letters, transfers, employment agreements, terms of post for international staff (TOP), benefit information, visa check list, as well as official letters for existing staff, including promotions, salary increases, transfers, supervisor changes, TOP extensions, allowances and amendments.
- Verify I-9 documentation at time of hire, prepare quarterly I-9 reports and conduct annual audit.
- Serve as first point of contact for inquiries from domestic and international employees on new hire onboarding documents.
HRIS & HR Administration
- Responsible for accuracy & reliability of HRIS data
- Ensure all necessary and relevant data is captured in HRIS system
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing
- Provide reports from LBI and Lawson on request from departments
- Maintain personnel and benefits files and departmental folders
- Conduct annual audits of personnel files
- Complete request for verification of employment
- Process internal and external employment verifications
- Process relocation reimbursements
- Assist in internal and external department file audits as needed
- Maintain Non-US Citizen & dependent SSN's and provide to BP's
- Process and track all HR invoices and coordinate with departmental budget manager as needed.
- Credit card reconciliation
- Perform necessary research, compile data, reports for Business Partners
- Serve a back stopper to HR Operations Specialist(s)
- Manage People Inbox
Benefits & Compensation
- Administer and communicate assigned benefits
- ISOS and Cigna EAP communication
- Assist with annual performance reviews process
- Perform annual self-identification process
- Provide International employees with ID cards
- All event logistic support to include planning, organization, set-up and break down
- Providing support to L&P and Operations units on an as-needed basis
- Perform other duties as assigned and special projects as require
What we are looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You'll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won't be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it's the only way you'll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You'll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won't succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor's degree (preferred) in business administration, human resources, international relations, or another related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, including 2 years of HR Operations experience.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience with HRIS-based software/applications.
- Genuinely likes technology and seeks ways to use technology to improve and automate processes and make people's jobs easier.
- Outstanding attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Able to see and appreciate the big picture (including the strategic and enterprise-level perspective) and sees how the details fit in and contribute to that big picture.
- Sound judgment and the discretion and maturity to maintain complete confidentiality of information.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A 'People-First' mindset—prompt, reliable, considerate—and a strong customer service mentality. You have an ability to anticipate client and HR colleagues' needs, and you're great about proactively reaching out to others to offer your support when you identify a need.
- A sense of urgency and a strong work ethic, and an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated resilience and an ability to stay calm under pressure, and a desire to be part of a fast-moving team often working under tight deadlines and with competing priorities.
- A desire to learn and to bring creativity and innovation to complex problems.
- Experience working in an NGO or donor funded organization preferred.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Minimum Education Required