Bilingual (Spanish) FoodShare Outreach Specialist
- Job posted by Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin
2802 Dairy Drive
Join us in the fight to end hunger in Southwestern Wisconsin!
As a FoodShare Outreach Specialist, you will conduct outreach to education the public about the FoodShare Wisconsin benefit at a variety of community locations in Dane County. You will administer assistance to potentially eligible nonparticipants at a variety of convenient locations or by phone to increase access to FoodShare benefits. Primary responsibilities will be to screen clients and assist them in fully completing the FoodShare application process utilizing the State of Wisconsin's ACCESS online tool, this will include online and phone application support.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- The ability to work independently
- Successful experience conducting outreach
- Bilingual (Spanish) is required.
- Possess valid driver's license and a good driving record with regular access to transprotation with the required insurance levels of 100/300/50
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Human Services or a related field is desired
Second Harvest Foodbank offers a comprehensive benefits package as part of our total compensation. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance (Employer pays 90% of premium)
- Dental Insurance (Employer pays 100% of employee premium)
- 401(k) Retirement plan with generous match
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual of 23 days per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidates must have the ability communicate with clients in Spanish and English.
Ability to written translation is desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.