Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Jericho Project
Jericho Project is a nationally-acclaimed nonprofit ending homelessness at its roots by enabling homeless individuals and families to attain quality housing, employment and mental and physical health services. The 34-year-old nonprofit serves over 2,500 individuals, including 700 veterans, annually. Jericho has been a key partner in New York City’s initiative to end veterans’ homelessness, and is leading bold, innovative strategies to do the same for families and young adults.
Our programs touch four cornerstones of a person’s life: housing, employment, wellness and family stability. We create a culture of “moving on” through a foundation of housing and supportive services provided by expert program specialists and case managers. We have over 400 units of supportive housing including 8 residences in the Bronx and Harlem, as well as scatter-site apartments throughout NYC.
About the Position
Jericho Project is seeking a full time Human Resources Associate who is skilled, reliable and able to work independently around sensitive and timely information. The HR Associate will have overall responsibility for administrative HR duties.
- Work closely with the Director, HR to efficiently run the HR department.
- Serve as coordinator and liaison for all staff.
- Responsible for administering various Human Resources policies and procedures for all company personnel, as well as assist in implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform general research and analysis on special Human Resources projects related to staff training and development, recruitment, compliance, employee engagement and other standard HR transactional functions.
- Assist in crafting new initiatives and plans pertaining to the organization-wide goals focused on human capital.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Department on HR/Finance tasks.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Coordinate recruitment efforts including job postings, screenings, reference checks and onboarding.
- Provide general administrative assistance as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required by the emerging needs of the department and organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in an administrative role.
- Knowledge of Human Resources’ functions and an interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources is preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under moderate supervision.
- A developed sense of urgency, the ability to multi task and complete tasks accurately.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills and comfortable working with diverse stakeholders across the organization and externally.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A passion for Jericho’s mission.
Jericho Project offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Job Code: Human Resources Associate
245 W. 29th Street, Suite 902
New York, NY 10001
No telephone calls please.