Details: CFS salaries are competitive and based on experience, and include a strong benefits package.
303 Sacramento Street
Center for Food Safety (CFS), one of the nation’s leading food and environmental advocacy nonprofit organizations, is seeking a Development Manager based in our San Francisco office.
About CFS: CFS empowers people, supports farmers, and protects the earth from the adverse impacts of industrial food and farming production, and promotes organic and sustainable food systems. CFS uses legal actions, policy initiatives, scientific and policy reports, and corporate and grassroots campaigns to reduce the impacts of industrial agriculture on the environment and human health. CFS has an integrated suite of issue areas, including: GMOs, organic foods, climate change, factory farming, pesticides, pollinators, food labeling, food safety, and more.
Position Overview: CFS’s Development Manager is responsible for creating and executing fundraising plans for our foundation and major donor outreach. This position also works closely with CFS program staff and the leadership team to develop program strategies and as such is an ideal opportunity to engage in cutting-edge food and farming issues. The ideal candidate will be committed to sustainable food and environment issues, excited about fundraising and development, and eager to support CFS’s growth and evolution. This is a full-time salaried position. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to CFS’s West Coast Director.
- Create and execute plan for major donor outreach to current and prospective donors.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with current and prospective major donors.
- Develop, plan, and coordinate general fundraising strategies in conjunction with executive staff.
- Manage annual fundraising drive, including writing online fundraising pitches, video scripts, and donor letters.
- Manage grant applications and reports for foundations.
- Assist in planning fundraising events.
- Other activities and projects as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years of demonstrated success in a broad range of fundraising activities.
- Expertise in donor communications with demonstrated success in securing funds.
- Experience with the cultivation and stewardship of individual and institutional donors and funders.
- Expertise in writing, designing and producing effective written donor appeals and funding proposals, with demonstrated success in securing funds.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interest in environmental and/or food and farming issues, and a commitment to the mission of the Center for Food Safety preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Details: To be considered, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Development Manager” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, a resume, and three references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Hire date: As soon as possible. Position open until filled.