Details: Research!America offers a competitive salary.
241 18th Street South
Research!America, the nation’s largest not-for-profit advocacy and public education alliance working to make research to improve health a higher national priority, is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist to help raise public awareness of medical and health research issues. Responsibilities include writing and editing communications materials and providing communications support for a variety of projects, campaigns and events to increase support for public and private sector research and innovation among policymakers, media and the public. The ideal candidate will have a BA in communications, public relations, political science or a related field, plus a minimum of five years related experience; strong verbal and written communications skills; expertise with digital platforms and website content management systems; social media coordination; strong understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, content strategy, and content marketing; excellent organization and time management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize assignments; self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Advocacy experience, social media and online publication skills a plus.
- Manage the development, writing, editing, aggregation, and distribution of content for the Research!America website.
- Support the maintenance of the website content management system (Drupal) and social media accounts, ensuring fresh, up-to-date content is available.
- Manage tracking of website and social media analytics, providing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis and recommendations based on data.
- Write and edit selected content for Research!America’s blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Medium.com accounts.
- Assist with developing communications/marketing initiatives to improve online engagement.
- Develop short- and long-term e-mail marketing and social media plans for annual events and various advocacy initiatives.
- Write, edit, proofread and fact-check materials: newsletter articles, press materials, email communications, fact sheets, invitations, annual report content, letters-to-the-editor, etc.
- Assist with PowerPoint development for executive speaking engagements.
- Assist with analyzing public opinion survey data
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a communications-related environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism/communications, health policy or related-field
- Proficiency in interactive environments (website content management systems, database management, social media websites and networks, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, content strategy, and content marketing
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail
- Strong proofreading/editing skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Experience working with senior-level experts and partner organizations; ability to interact with medical research and policy opinion-leaders
- Publications development experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with HTML, web content management systems, e-mail marketing, and webinar platforms
Research!America offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required