4649 Sunnyside Ave N.
Are you seeking a rewarding position in a nonprofit where you can advance positive change for kids and the environment? Do you enjoy collaborating with diverse people as much as you love systems and details? The Outreach Specialist position could be the right one for you!
Washington Green Schools is a growing, nonprofit organization that guides and supports students, educators, and K-12 schools to be leaders for environmental sustainability in their communities. We seek an energetic and organized Outreach Specialist to join our team and help facilitate environmental action projects in schools across Washington state. This position will play a key role in expanding WGS’s programs and fulfilling its commitment to equity.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in environmental education, including leading outreach activities with diverse learners and building relationships with partners and stakeholders. Excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and an organized approach are required. The Outreach Specialist will report to the Program Manager and contribute to a variety of organizational activities. Washington Green Schools offers a collaborative, flexible, and fun work environment and a commitment to staff members’ growth and development.
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, and other community events for teachers, partners, and school and school district leaders
- Recruit attendees and manage event logistics, such as registration, materials, and evaluation
- Creatively and compassionately communicate with educators by email, phone, and in person to support their success
- Maintain the green school report card system and manage school awards
Data Management and Maintenance
- Collect and maintain resource conservation and other program data
- Contribute to evaluation efforts, including surveys, and synthesize results
- Use Salesforce and Excel to manage and analyze information
- Collaborate with staff in making strategic decisions affecting the organization
- Represent the organization at community events, participate in stakeholder meetings, and assist with fundraising activities as needed
- Contribute to the growth and overall success of the organization
Washington Green Schools is a small organization and all employees are expected to perform tasks outside of their job description from time to time.
- Commitment to WGS’s mission and work
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, education, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of environmental education experience with youth and/or adults
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tech savvy, especially with Microsoft Office; Salesforce experience a plus
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with quantitative information
- High emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with people from different backgrounds
- Flexibility and interest in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel in Washington state
Compensation includes full medical/dental/vision benefits, 10 paid holidays, and 20 additional vacation days. Washington Green Schools’ office is in the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood in Seattle.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest as one document in Word or PDF format outlining 1) your experience with the requirements listed above and 2) why you are a good fit for this position. Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Outreach Specialist.” Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin August 20th. No phone calls please.
Washington Green Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to racial equity, and we encourage people of color to apply.