26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Manager of Youth Organizing to join our External Affairs Team. The Manager of Youth Organizing is based at our Administrative office at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Manager of Youth Organizing does:
- Works to build and uplift PPNYC’s youth organizing initiatives with youth leaders, campus groups, coalition partners, and PPNYC programs. This includes local Planned Parenthood Generation Action (PP Gen) campus chapters across the 5 boroughs and Planned Parenthood’s national Generation Z campaigns.
- With the Director of Community Organizing and the Community Organizer, develops strategies and tactics to bring a reproductive justice framework to all of PPNYC’s organizing efforts.
- Supports the development and execution of social media strategies to engage youth leaders in advocacy efforts and to showcase the work done by young activists.
- Designs and leads trainings for youth leaders focused on organizing and advocacy skills, leadership development, and issues connected to reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Builds relationships with local partner organizations and coalitions centering youth organizing and leadership.
- Represents PPNYC at a broad range of meetings outside the agency. Speaks on reproductive health, rights, and justice issues to a variety of audiences, including youth advocates, campus groups, activists, allied organizations, and potential partners.
- Collaborate with the Community Organizer to coordinate events, actions, and trainings with PPNYC’s Activist Council.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- An ability equal to that derived from satisfactory completion of courses required for graduation from an accredited college or university with a Baccalaureate Degree.
- 3 to 5 years’ of experience and success in youth/student organizing or programming and a background in reproductive justice organizing.
- Strong knowledge of key reproductive health rights and justice issues.
- Experience organizing large scale advocacy events, advocacy campaigns, and education campaigns.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills; and the ability to set and meet clear goals.
- Requires some evening and weekend hours.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter.
No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.