Part Time Temporary
Details: $20.00 per hour
425 W. 47th Street
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other's recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. Members, alongside staff perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building cleaning and maintenance and food preparation, which keeps our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Position Title: Communications Associate, Part-time (20 hours per week) short-term contract June - September 2018
Reports to: Communications Manager and Director of Special Projects
Fountain House is looking for an early career communications professional (recent graduate or senior year college students accepted) to work as a part-time staff of the External Affairs team from June - September 2018. The Communications Associate will support all Fountain House communications activities in collaboration with the Fountain House external affairs team; program staff and participants. This position is a great fit for an early-career communications professional who is detail-oriented and incredibly organized, an excellent writer, and passionate about promoting mental health and who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Create content for Fountain House websites, blog, and social media properties.
• Edit and/or create copy; select and edit photos; ensure that new information (news articles, blog posts, updated program information, etc.) is regularly posted to digital channels (websites, e-newsletter, social media).
• Manage a content calendar, including scheduling and posting content and media.
• Compile monthly e-newsletter; assist with campaign emails and other special correspondence, as needed.
• Track all relevant metrics (e.g.; Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, e-newsletter metrics, etc.).
Salary Range: $20.00 per hour/20 Hours per week
• Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent (e.g.: College senior with multiple completed internships), concentration in communications or journalism preferred.
• Previous work experience or internships in communications and marketing.
• Knowledge of mental health issues and passion for alleviating the associated stigma.
• Ability to write clearly, persuasively and effectively in a variety of formats.
• Strong interest in growing a nonprofit presence on social media.
• Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet deadlines.
• Experience writing and editing one or more of the following: newsletter, magazine, annual report, email campaigns, and/or website articles/stories.
• Good sense of humor and ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to FHexternalaffairs@yahoo.com, or fax to 646-395-7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO