The Safe Horizon Counseling Center (SHCC) is the only NYS-licensed Article 31 mental health program that specializes exclusively in evidence- based, trauma-focused treatment of child and adult survivors of crime and abuse. SHCC is the mental health hub of Safe Horizon and is charged with the critical task of identifying clinical best practices and partnering with other SH programs to promote their implementation in additional Safe Horizon locations where they may be helpful to the children and families we serve and to strategically spread the provision of evidence based mental health treatments provided by the SHCC throughout Safe Horizon creating easy access to services. The primary duties and responsibilities of the SHCC Director Strategic Initiatives are to provide direct support to the VP in implementing all of the planned strategic initiatives underway including ensuring the full operation of the clinic and four satellites. This includes assuming a lead role in the SHCC business planning workgroup to further develop and implement an alternative staffing model and practices to ensure financial viability and sound clinical practices; assuming a critical support role in further developing and implementing mental health treatment enhancements and adaptations across the organization including the 5 CACs, CTRT, Streetwork, shelters and Community Office programs and providing guidance and support to specific organizational strategic initiatives underway including Young Men of Color and Family focused work.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides direct support to the SHCC VP on all programmatic and agency-wide initiatives
· Functions as the lead project manager on SHCC-based projects
· Assumes a lead role in data collection in support of SHCC evaluation activities
· Assists in all phases of the yearly SHCC In-Depth Case Review
· Assumes a lead role in the SHCC Business Planning and budget activities
· Cross-trains in SHCC’s clinical billing system in order to promote SHCC’s sustainability
· Represent the VP, Mental Health Treatment at internal and external meetings, when needed
· Various other duties to be determined by supervisor.
SHCC’s leadership team including Clinical Director, Quality Improvement Specialist, Training Coordinator and Operations Manager; with support divisions including finance, legal and HR, with program staff throughout the organization and with external partners.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Masters in social work or related field; LMSW or LCSW preferred
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· 1 year of experience in social work administration or related
· 1 year of quality improvement or related experience
· 1 year of experience with project management
· Demonstrated skills working with teams
· Excel skills and data collection experience
Special Conditions or Requirements: Some evening hours and occasional Saturdays
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required