1627 I Street
District of Columbia
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Advance the foundation fundraising efforts of Feeding America by leading, managing, and coordinating foundation relationships activities that aim to raise grant funds from private foundations to meet or exceed the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of foundation partners of at least $2 million (current and prospective) and builds relationships with foundation program officers to ensure effective, ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes to establish and advance grant revenue growth and meet team and individual revenue goals.
- Manage, and coordinate the development and writing of grant proposals and other grant application materials (e.g., letters of inquiry, concept papers, discussion guides, etc.) for private foundations, working with appropriate staff of Feeding America’s national office and food bank network as well as other Foundation Relationships team members to complete these tasks.
- Manage, and coordinate the development and writing of grant stewardship plans and reports, working with appropriate staff of Feeding America’s national office and food bank network as well as other Foundation Relationships team members to complete these tasks.
- Manage, and coordinate the development and writing of other Foundation relationship materials, including meeting briefing memos, grant agreements, proposal attachments, meeting presentations, and other documents.
- Perform research on private foundations to evaluate and qualify prospects to support Feeding America’s institutional priorities.
- Monitor awarded grants needing special acknowledgments and prepare appropriate correspondence and prepare/coordinate pledge reminders/invoices as required for all assigned foundation donors/prospects.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files and database records for all assigned foundation donors/prospects.
- Actively participate in Foundations team planning and provide input and support on cultivation/solicitation strategies and activities.
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of Feeding America’s institutional history, programs, and funding priorities.
- Participate in cross-functional committee work and special projects as a representative of the Foundation team and serve as a subject matter expert for the FANO community.
- Cover Letter with resume is required.
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
- Five years of experience in project management, development, proposal and report writing, or relevant work activities—preference for direct experience in private foundation grant seeking or private major gifts.
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong ability to clearly and persuasively communicate complex issues and activities.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while meeting deadlines and performing efficient follow-up.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working with fundraising database applications.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Approximately 10%-15% travel required.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click link to apply: