Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator (Fundraising)
- Job posted by The Bipartisan Policy Center
1225 I Street NW Suite 1000
District of Columbia
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Development Donor Relations Coordinator key role is to effectively and comprehensively manage the BPC donor experience to ensure high-quality interactions that foster long-term engagement and investment. This position serves as the information hub for both external and internal communications for the department, is the internal point of contact for project team interactions, and is the ambassador to BPC for donors and prospects.
· Work with senior directors to develop and maintain a formalized stewardship pathway for donors including timely, accurate and relevant acknowledgments, thank you calls, visits, lunches, and invitations to special events.
· Liaison with Communications and Events teams to ensure Development stewardship and donor relations needs are met.
· Develops and manages Development Events and Communications calendar
· Organizes, designs, and implements comprehensive donor and prospect engagement pathway, including regular outbound communications as well as ad hoc activities targeted toward particular areas of interest; establish proper cadence for communications from Development and BPC at large.
· Oversees data, tracking and reporting outcomes of stewardship program; monitors due dates for benefit fulfillment and deliverables
· Partner with Development Prospect Research Analyst and fundraising coordinators to ensure all Development accounts in CRM are updated and maintained with accurate contact information, activities are tracked, and accounts coded correctly for marketing list management.
· Central point of contact and list manager for Development marketing lists for use with Development cultivation and stewardship activities.
The successful candidate will have a background in donor relations, designing and executing donor cultivation events, and donor benefit management to ensure BPC is maximizing its rich content, experts, and activities.
· Demonstrated experience in donor outreach strategies and methods to build and engage new and existing audiences
· Expertise in fundraising and donor relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques and the ability to apply them in an organized and purposeful manner.
· Excellent oral and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple, diverse and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to recall, recognize and communicate interrelated information pertaining to BPC donors and prospects.
· Knowledge of ethics statements by APRA, AFP, and other related associations.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator, in the subject line of your email.