3506 Gwynnbrook Avenue
The Concierge and Relationship Manager position will be the traffic manager for multiple entry points to programs that serve families with young children up through elementary school. This position will be responsible for helping to ensure families can connect to the people and programs they desire in an efficient and friendly manner. This person will be responsible for initial meet and greets, ongoing relationship management and follow up as it relates to a variety of educational and engagement opportunities and departments underneath a broad programming platform called “The Tent”. This person will be responsible for helping families find what they are looking for and greeting them with a kind and welcoming desire to help them connect. This person will need to be a great networker and be responsible for timely and friendly returning of inquiries for more information about a variety of family programs.
This position is designed to respond to the variety of needs of the “New Jewish Family” and the recognition that there needs to be a degree of personalization and customization, along with, efforts to strengthen the connection to people and their journey, not just connect them to programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Jewish Life, the Concierge and Relationship Manager is a great opportunity for someone who loves people, is strategic in their abilities to engage others and has a special attention to detail so that we can respond to our program participants in ways that reflect wherever they might be on their Jewish Journey.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Ability to work across various departments and help in a “connector” role which requires strong communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and networking skills within a diverse community
- Ability to connect with families with young children and to understand the values and priorities of today’s “New Jewish Family’.
- Comfortable moving beyond the status quo; excited to work on the front lines of efforts to engage families who may have little to now familiarity with Jewish programming and/or how to tap into offerings within the J, specifically, and the Baltimore Jewish community, broadly.
- An in depth understanding of the Baltimore Jewish community and the variety of agencies and programs available to families with young children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with leadership staff who focus on engagement to assist in efforts to help strengthen relationships with the various subscribers and potential subscribers to family programming.
- Ensure that participants feel a degree of personalization, close attention and a sincere care for our families.
- Meet and greet, follow up and help connect families with young children to experiences that will meet their needs, and showcase additional platforms that may resonate with the families in our networks.
- Work with programming staff to promote and market family programing and help track success.
- Help create a personalized and concierge approach to our families’ experiences at the J and out in the community so that our brand is one that incorporates a clear commitment to relationships and connecting with the people we serve.
- Regular communication with various departments relating to leads and opportunities for follow up based on tracking data. This person will serve as a sort of “gatekeeper” for incoming information and will be responsible for making sure people get connected to the appropriate staff and, alternatively, assign accountability to other departments so that there is timely follow-up/response.
- Participate in agency training, staff meetings, supervisory conferences, committees and special events.
- Represent the JCC on appropriate staff committees and at interagency and professional conferences as required.
- Other responsibilities deemed necessary by supervisor.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff, program participants and potential program participants with a strong value towards customer service. The work requires a variety of meetings in multiple locations and a willingness to meet people where they are at times convenient for them.
- Requires long periods of sitting or standing.
- Moderate use of a computer terminal screen, right or left-hand use, typing.
- Grasping and gripping movements.
- Ability to loft 50 lbs. Some lifting may require additional assistance from another staff person. Employee is expected to use discretionary judgement and ask for assistance from another employee if an item is perceived to be too heavy to lift without assistance.
- Use of personal safety equipment is required.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling and bending.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/401k, Vacation/Personal/Sick Time
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit: https://bit.ly/2Ndrbo5