4548 Market Street
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will support internal accounting functions needed to support the organization. The Accounting Manager will have hands-on management of accounting and fiscal transactions, and interact with program staff to provide accounting support for the benefit of the organization.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
• Manage internal financial control structures
• Manages in house client relationships (move-in etc. calculate and produce tenant invoices etc.)
• Prepare financial statements for units/departments for the company and the board.
• Maintain organized & accurate accounting files.
• Coordinate all audit activities and ensure compliance with tax filings
• Manage accounts payable and receivable
• Track and analyzes cost overages, savings, risks, and opportunities
• Record and process new deposits.
• Perform bank reconciliation.
• Coordinate with outside auditors and agencies to ensure financial compliance.
• Establish and maintain financial objectives and policies
• Manage payroll; payroll tax deposits and appropriate filings
• Create financial reports for programs, grants and contracts
• Create budget closeout reports for grants and contracts
• Create budgets for new proposals/grants
• Tracks organizational related expenses
• Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Track and maintain petty cash
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics, and at least 2-3 years experience preferred.
• Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications, especially Excel
• Must pass background checks
• Blackbaud experience a plus
Minimum Education Required