Join our team!
The mission of Middlesex Human Service Agency is to improve the quality of life and independent functioning of a diverse client population served through an extensive delivery-system of community-based substance abuse and social service programs. All programs emphasize dignity, respect, and empowerment of disadvantaged clients. The Agency believes in teaching individuals and families regarding the skills and problem-solving abilities required for self-sufficiency.
The Agency currently operates 13 programs in the Metro Boston area and continues to expand its scope of services. Please view our website! www.mhsainc.org
Program: Hurley House
Schedule: Shift Hours/ Days: TBD
Compensation: $16.50/hr or $18.00/hr w/LADC
Reports To: Program Director
Objective: To perform the 12 Core Functions of a Substance Abuse Counseling, providing
quality evidence-based care and 12-step models to all clients.
Scope: Conduct and facilitate individual and group substance abuse counseling and related treatment activities in a half-way house, substance abuse recovery program for adult males. This is an exempt, salaried position.
- Conduct diagnostic assessment interviews and individual counseling sessions with assigned clients.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of program policies and philosophy of treatment.
- Facilitate individual and group counseling sessions
- Participate in group supervision, individual supervision, staff meetings, case conference and staff training as scheduled.
- Write clinical assessments, group notes, treatment summaries and routine court correspondence.
- Conduct educational/motivational classes as assigned.
- Engage in discharge planning, aftercare referral and follow up with each assigned client.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling as indicated.
- Provide HIV/AIDS/STD education, information, and referral and serve as Coordinator for these issues as assigned.
- Serve as Tobacco Education Coordinator as assigned.
- Maintain client records in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Monitor client compliance with program rules and regulations and provide general supervision of client activities as appropriate. Document any inappropriate behavior.
- Comply with all program data collection needs.
- Facilitate and/or supervise urine drug-screening collection processes and the administration of medications in accordance with Program-specific policies and BSAS protocols.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Engage in independent and program sponsored study and training to expand upon knowledge of substance abuse, mental health and related disciplines to improve clinical skills.
- Maintain program continuity, providing staff coverage for non-clinical functions, such as meals, admission desk, and recreation as necessary.
- Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- Various other responsibilities, as assigned by Program Director from time to time and/or as needed to ensure proper functioning of the program.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred.
- Must be currently enrolled in LADC or CADAC program and acquire license within three (3) years of initial employment.
- Fundamental knowledge of substance abuse, its treatment and twelve (12)-step models required.
- Familiarity with Mass. DPH/BSAS regulations preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience working with spread sheets, data bases and word processors required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification required. (MHSA will provide training opportunity.)
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Reliable personal transportation for work activities required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for full time employees
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a letter of introduction including the following topics:
- Substance abuse counseling and group facilitation experience
- Good judgement and boundaries
- Client files and documentation experience
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resource Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.