This part-time (up to 9 hours/week) position provides advanced professional support facilitating access to opportunities for Achieve Scholars and/or Achieve Club participants to develop social skills, cultural competence, study skills and academic skills appropriate for their educational goals. Achieve Success Coaches work with low-income, first generation or academically disadvantaged high school students to help them develop the skills needed to become successful college students. These individuals serve as the liaison between high schools and Achieve Miami to ensure implementation and successful progress towards project objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Achieve Success Coaches will principally support either the Achieve Clubs program or the Achieve Scholars program.
- Develops and implements college readiness, leadership, and community service workshops and activities in accordance with program curriculum, goals and objectives. Recruits students to attend Achieve Club meet-ups and related workshops. Tracks students’ attendance, participation and other programmatic metrics. Follows statutory requirements for the program.
- Provides fundamental support to the Achieve Saturday or Junior Advisory Board programming. Coordinates in collaboration with colleagues a planning committee to prepare for the Fall including planning college tours, community service events, civic engagement and other summer activities as necessary.
- Collaborates and builds strong relationships with the target school Guidance Counselor and CAP Advisor to promote the program, identify any barriers to student participation and brainstorm solutions to ensure student and programmatic success.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, participation and other programmatic data and assists with data aggregation for reporting.
- Provides progressive, one-on-one advising and mentorship during the academic year. Answers student inquiries and resolves issues as they arise.
- Meets with fellow Achieve Success Coaches every other week to reflect on completed workshops, activities, etc. and collaborate on future workshops, activities, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned/needed.
- Daily: Develops and implements Achieve Scholars Senior Year Timeline Plan and tracks participants’ academic progress including nine-week grades, semester grades and annual standardized test scores. Answers student inquiries and resolves problems. Provides progressive, one-on-one college and career advising during the academic year. Follows statutory requirements for the program.
- Daily: Counsels, monitors and maintains records of student attendance and participation and provides ongoing effective feedback to students. Assists with data collection for reporting.
- Daily: Coordinates and conducts meetings and workshops to provide guidance, advising and information for high school and post-secondary success: ACT/SAT test application and preparation, career planning, college selection, financial aid application, scholarship applications and college admission applications during the academic year. Reviews student progress, college and career readiness goals and discuss student growth across the curriculum.
- Daily: Prepares and conducts regular participant credit checks to assure participants are on satisfactory academic schedule. Plans and facilitates varied projects and assignments through individualized and group work. Initiates and maintains individual student files as appropriate, updating and evaluating files as new information is received. Maintains student data and program data to ensure students are on track during the academic year.
- Bi-Weekly: Meets with fellow Achieve Success Coaches every other week to reflect on completed workshops, activities, etc. and collaborate on future workshops, activities, etc.
- Monthly, as needed: Provides fundamental support to the Achieve Saturday programming. Coordinates in collaboration with colleagues a planning committee to prepare for the Fall including planning college tours, community service events, civic engagement and other summer activities as necessary.
- Quarterly: Chaperone small group visits to local college campuses. Actively research best practices and new strategies to ensure participant retention in the program during the academic year.
- Weekly: Monitors academic and educational progress of program participants. Collaborates with the target school Guidance Counselor and CAP Advisor to identify barriers to learning and provide solutions and various approaches to enhance student success.
- Annually: Assists with the coordination of annual participant recruitment sessions at target high schools with a focus on Juniors during the academic year.
- Other, as needed: Performs related duties as assigned.
Compensation: $25-$30 an hour.
When to Apply: Hiring on a rolling basis.
Are you interested? To apply for the Achieve Success Coach position please click here to complete the application. We are hiring on a rolling basis, submit your application ASAP. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.