535 west 116
The Communications & Projects Coordinator supports Communications & Projects senior staff on all matters of presidential correspondence and communications and coordinates these day-to-day operations within the office. Confidentiality and discretion are imperative.
- Processes and manages incoming and outgoing email and hard mail correspondence, assists with developing presidential briefings, and manages and executes ad hoc projects.
- Drafts correspondence on behalf of the Office of the President.
- Independently and efficiently conducts research, primarily for correspondence and briefings.
- Maintains accurate records of incoming and outgoing correspondence and identifies material for the presidential archives.
- Coordinates the annual presidential holiday card and holiday gift process from selection to distribution.
- Exercises discretion and diplomacy in all in-person, telephone, and electronic mail interactions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade:
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent required. Minimum of two years related experience.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate ownership over their tasks while thriving as a team-player in a fast-paced environment. Superior work ethic, discretion, and discernment are required, as is flexibility and a team-oriented approach. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver a superior work product are necessary. Must exercise good judgment and have an interest in coordinating multiple projects with competing priorities. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, including ability to create complex spreadsheets, manage databases, and generate reports is necessary.
Familiarity with higher education constituencies, structure, and administration is highly desirable. Experience supporting senior management is helpful.
Minimum Education Required