Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission is to create economic mobility for individuals impacted by gender, racial, social, and/or economic inequality in New York City, historically using the vibrant potential of the food industry as a pathway forward. With over a decade of successful programming under our belt, Hot Bread Kitchen has set a three-year strategic vision to scale our organization once again, this time as New York City navigates through the uncertainties of the pandemic and plans for economic recovery.
The Director of Community and Member Engagement will support the implementation of Hot Bread Kitchen’s three-year strategic plan by leading a dynamic and results-driven member recruitment and engagement team. You approach outreach and recruitment with creative marketing tactics to deliver on ambitious recruitment goals and build out a robust and thriving community of support amongst Members. The Director of Community and Member Engagement will be a detailed and process-oriented leader who effectively leads and mentors their team towards advancing Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission, vision and strategic plan. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer and supervises the Manager of Community Engagement and the Senior Manager of Member Engagement.
The Director of Community and Member Engagement is responsible for the day to day operations of the Community and Membership Engagement team with the following responsibilities:
● Ensure that there is a warm and steady pipeline of Members for Hot Bread Kitchen’s suite of economic opportunity programs by:
○ Identifying and partnering with community-based organizations to deepen and expand Hot Bread Kitchen’s reach across the City in target neighborhoods.
○ Partnering with Hot Bread Kitchen’s Brand Director to develop and implement community based marketing tactics
○ Partnering with the Director of Programs to ensure that the right Members are in the right Economic Opportunity programs.
● Grow Hot Bread Kitchen’s community-based presence throughout the City in target neighborhoods by:
○ Identifying community-based spaces, like community and/or commercial kitchens and training spaces, where Hot Bread Kitchen can deliver its programs.
○ Developing a network of spaces in target neighborhoods, creating a network effect of Hot Bread Kitchen community outposts throughout the City.
● Build a robust and thriving community through Membership Engagement
○ Developing, implementing and overseeing systems and programs that cultivate an active Hot Bread Kitchen Member community.
○ Identify ways in which to help alumni Members stay engaged with Hot Bread Kitchen and with one another
● Partner with the Manager of Data and Impact Evaluation to identify and track key metrics of success
● Lead the Community and Membership Engagement team towards the delivery of target annual goals and continuous quality improvement.
● Works in partnership with development team to develop proposals, reporting and meeting pitches.
● Driven by and have a belief in Hot Bread Kitchen’s values and mission.
● Demonstrated experience and successful track record of reaching ambitious program outreach and recruitment goals, preferably with a marketing approach
● Extensive understanding of social service sector and social work values
● Deep knowledge of the community-based organization landscape in New York City
● Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strong partnerships
● Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and ability to design and execute on complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
● Strong people management skills with proven ability to both lead and inspire teams to meet ambitious goals.
● Innovative and creative problem solver with excellent time management and organizational skills.
● A self-starter who can manage competing priorities and has keen analytical skills that support and enable sound decision making
● Has an empathetic/coaching approach without compromising program model/fidelity
Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission is to create economic mobility for individuals impacted by gender, racial, social, and/or economic inequality in New York City, historically using the vibrant potential of the food industry as a pathway forward…
Hot Bread Kitchen’s comprehensive benefits package includes health/vision/dental insurance (available from day one!), 401K contributions, flexible vacation time, family leave, and sabbatical program. Our organizational culture is entrepreneurial, flexible, and civically-minded (learn more about our culture on hotbreadkitchen.org/careers!)
Hot Bread Kitchen’s comprehensive benefits package includes health/vision/dental insurance (available from day one!), 401K contributions, flexible vacation time, family leave, and…
Applications must include a cover letter & resume and should be sent to: email@example.com. Please include “Director of Community and Member Engagement - Your Name" in the subject line.
Hot Bread Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request such an accommodation.
Applications must include a cover letter & resume and should be sent to: email@example.com. Please include “Director of Community and Member Engagement - Your Name" in the…