<img src="//:0" height="90" width="208">
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Housing Development
Classification: Fulltime, Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Housing Development
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Director of Housing Development, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for a wide range of tasks to advance HCHC’s strategic goal to develop affordable housing throughout Los Angeles County.
Essential Position Responsibilities
· Manage all aspects of the housing development process from site selection, feasibility analysis, securing financing, overseeing design development, procuring and contracting with third party consultants, construction oversight and conversion to permanent financing.
· Identify and evaluate potential development opportunities and analyze financial and political feasibility.
· Respond to RFIs for potential development sites.
· Prepare proformas that include sources, uses, operating expenses and cash flow projections.
· Manage the entitlement process.
· Meet with the community and council staff to obtain public approval for projects.
· Read/review regulations and application requirements for funding sources.
· Complete funding applications to conventional lenders in addition to local, state and federal agencies who provide debt and equity for affordable housing.
· Manage the closing process for with all such financing agencies.
· Supervise and coordinate the work of professionals including the architect, financial consultant, construction manager, general contractor and a range of other vendors who are integral to the success of each development. Review the work product of the vendors and professionals to verify accuracy and ensure that it meets the relevant requirements.
· Track key dates/activities and monitor contract compliance, project budgets and flow of funds throughout the development process.
· Attend construction meetings and prepare construction draws.
· Prepare reports required by the City, County and financing partners.
· Assist with other projects and duties as needed.
· Manage staff and/or interns in the Housing Development team. Guide the professional development of project management team members.
· Conduct performance evaluations for project managers and assistant project managers.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent financial analysis skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good relationships including with members of the public
· Ability to lead when required and to be a strong team player
· Ability to manage projects with a consideration for all departments, including Asset Management, Accounting and Resident Services, and by working to find solutions to problems as they arise.
· Excellent computer skills including knowledge of the Microsoft suite of software, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
Education and Experience
College degree in a relevant field such as real estate development, architecture, urban planning, economics and/or a business degree. An advanced degree in a related field is preferred. At least five years’ experience in the affordable housing industry or related field.
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 20 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor office environment as well as outdoors at construction sites for new housing developments. The employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions.
Frequent travel within Los Angeles County for construction site visits and meetings with government agencies and the professionals involved in each project. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance as required by law. Must have a vehicle and be able to drive between sites.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com ATTN: Victoria Senna, Housing Director
HOLLYWOOD COMMUNITY HOUSING CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR RACE, RELIGION, ANCESTRY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS OR MEDICAL CONDITION OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.
Health, dental, life and optional vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required