3001 Ranch Road 620 South
The Abundant Life Foundation (ALF) has been serving Roatán, Bay Islands, Honduras since 2007. Our work is focused across three primary initiatives: community, education and conservation. Over the years we have initiated Phase 1 of the Los Suenos Affordable Housing Community, built two schools on the island, supported additional schools, developed a program for local artisans and developed partnerships to preserve the MesoAmerican Barrier Reef.
LEADERSHIP AT ALF AND HOW YOU FIT IN:
ALF is poised to enter the next stage of work in the Bay Islands and is looking for a candidate who is comfortable engaging in both strategic activities as well as taking a hands-on role in organizational development, program execution and administrative issues. The Executive Director of ALF should not expect to be a standard nonprofit executive director; you will manage all aspects of this growing nonprofit. This position requires an individual with a passion for ALF’s mission; someone who will balance incredible attention to detail with the ability to think creatively while managing offices in two countries. The ED will be someone who possesses a very strong understanding of organizational development and growth; you will oversee administrative, operational, technological and financial systems that require attention. This position requires dedication to internal and external transformation with an extraordinary level of cultural sensitivity.
This is a full-time position based in Austin, Texas. Regular travel to Roatán is required. Salary commiserate with experience.
Energetic, self-directed person who maintains a high level of accountability and integrity in how the work is accomplished.
- Several years of hands-on experience in a for-profit or non-profit setting, with a proven track record in strategic and operational organizational growth and development and project management.
- A positive, creative problem solver.
- Ability to communicate and influence as well as build relationships through a service mentality.
- Proven ability to create and lead in a collaborative work environment.
LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION
- Through strategic planning, oversees growth and qualitative improvements in programs across ALF’s three areas of work: Community, Education and Conservation.
- Provides leadership in developing organizational, program and financial plans.
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of ALF's programs. Ensures programs produce measurable, significant, and sustainable improvements in a cost-effective manner.
- Focuses program work on the development of ALF’s Three Pillars: Community, Education, and Conservation.
- Creates collaborative work environment between offices in Austin and Roatán.
- Establishes good working relationships Board of Directors, staff, donors, community groups, corporations, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Is responsible for the hiring, retention, and growth of staff, including, where necessary, separation.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of quality people.
BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Prepares and oversees organizational budget; ensures the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Oversees comprehensive accounting policies and procedures; financial analysis, including cash flows; budget management systems; internal and external financial reporting; banking procedures, including any recommended investment strategies.
ALF is committed to a just and equitable society where in all people are treated equally, opportunity is justly distributed, and all voices are heard. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that recognizes, understands, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of each member and we approach every hiring decision with a commitment to workplace diversity.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Abundant Life Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language skills an asset.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Application acceptance closes Friday, July 27, 2018.
The Abundant Life Foundation appreciates all who are interested in this position, however, we will not reply to each applicant, only those applicants moving forward to the interview phase will be contacted.