Job Status: Full-Time, Independent Contractor
Contract Duration: 12 months
Job location: Remote
Reports to: Executive Director
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
We are looking for a Finance Coordinator. The Finance Coordinator will coordinate the daily financial and operational activities of all programs, including finance administrative activities, and reporting.
- Prepare day-to-day and monthly journal entries in the field offices and Head office.
- Ensure that all the transactions have been recorded in QuickBooks, including regular field cash verification advances clearance, and AR/AP accounts management.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Support Field offices in developing, maintaining, or/and closing projects or country programs.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Maintain organization records in an organized and readily available fashion for examination/audit visits.
- Assist in year-end audit
- Ensure compliance with local laws in all field offices, including statutory and other financial obligations such as taxes, VAT, and other fees.
- Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures.
- Develop the capacity of the partners’ finance team to ensure that a good standard of financial management is maintained.
- Work closely with the MG employees in the field to review and finalize the monthly closing, bank and cash reconciliation.
- Work closely with the Head office accounting department to review and finalize the overall monthly closing, banks and cash reconciliation.
- Attentively manages and maintains confidential financial, departmental and senior executive information and requests.
- Independently prepares executive-level presentations, correspondence, letters, reports and speaking materials on behalf of the executives
- Provide oversight for departmental transformation initiatives including the development of work plans and tracking of deliverables.
- Provide project support for key organizational-wide strategic priorities at the executive and senior management level.
- Manage projects and support project management for the interdisciplinary team by preparing and developing project related documents, and proposals; gathers and analyzes data.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned within the scope of this position.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree in Accounting, finance, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a non-profit organization, including extensive experience in global operations and financial coordination of programs.
- Strong analytical abilities, proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, and time management skills
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, including but not limited to Quickbooks and Kindful.
- Flexible with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multitasking and dynamic environment.
- Proven capability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong computer skills combined with ability to adapt quickly to other standard computer business applications.
- Strong ethical framework and alignment with overall non profit culture and .
- Knowledge of varied donor financial regulations (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, DFID, EU, and USAID guidelines).
- Experience in coordinating procurement and logistical procedures and policies.
- English required; written and spoken.