Foundation Communities (FC) is a local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 23 communities all over Austin and in North Texas.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to provide intensive case management services to residents and develop creative programs that support them in successfully maintaining housing, accessing mental and primary health care, financial management, education and employment services. A good candidate would provide holistic case management and foster a positive sense of community in one of our permanent supportive housing communities for previously homeless and/or very low-income single adults.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct intensive case management and care coordination to increase residents’ access to and engagement in mental and primary health care, substance use treatment, financial management, and overall self-sufficiency through an interdisciplinary team approach. Work closely with partner agencies and the larger Resident Services team and to increase residents’ housing retention, income stability, health and wellness, and social connectedness.
- Effectively assess and diffuse crisis situations by using de-escalation techniques, calling proper authorities in the event of an emergency, and thoroughly communicating and documenting incidents and outcomes as appropriate.
- Develop creative strategies to build relationships with residents, while providing assertive outreach to determine areas of need, increase residents’ participation in their treatment, and connect residents to appropriate resources. Develop voluntary groups, classes, outings, and unique learning opportunities that encourage positivity, growth, community connectedness and socialization opportunities for residents.
- Collaborate with Property Management following a blended management model. Meet routinely with Property Management staff to determine enforcement and amendments of policies, cooperatively discuss how to manage difficult situations with residents, and make joint decisions to support the safety and well-being of the community.
- Document delivered services in accordance with grant requirements and FC documentation systems. When applicable, submit documentation by established target dates to appropriate personnel.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- This job description covers the main responsibilities of the position, however it is not intended to cover every aspect, and other responsibilities may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one year of experience in providing case management services to economically disadvantaged adults required.
- At least one year of experience in mental health, substance abuse, and/or crisis intervention required.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, think critically and independently and effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, good organizational methods and be skillful at multitasking. Able to proactively form warm, professional relationships with residents by demonstrating respect, kindness, and availability, as well as a person-centered, strengths-based orientation in case management.
- Bachelor or Master of Social Work Degree (or related field) recommended.
- Spanish or ASL proficiency helpful.
Benefits and Perks
- Foundation Communities provides an excellent benefits package including employer paid health benefits, 401(k) investment opportunity, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time.
- Salary range is $44,000-$47,000.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.