2900 Southern Boulevard
The New York Botanical Garden is looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, creative business environment to fill the role of Manager of Strategic Partnerships. The Manager, working closely with and reporting to the Associate Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, is responsible for securing commitments from corporations through a combination of sponsorships, strategic partnerships, and corporate fundraising initiatives. The ideal person for this position will enjoy working in a beautiful garden, meeting new and interesting people, and be able to change directions quickly to adapt to evolving needs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a pipeline of new prospects for five and six figure partnerships by initiating outbound solicitations, following-up on incoming calls, developing relationships, and prospecting as directed by the AVP.
- Managing all aspects of the pipeline including research, pitch, presentations, proposals, negotiations, closings, fulfillment of deliverables, and reporting.
- Overseeing a client portfolio that includes existing and new clients, as assigned by the AVP.
- Coordinating client meetings, tours, corporate employee outings, client hospitality, and other tasks associated with stewardship of the client portfolio.
- Working collaboratively with various departments at the Garden including Education, Science, Horticulture, Marketing Public Relations, and the Budget Office, to coordinate the execution of partnership contracts.
- Assisting with departmental administrative needs and other processes.
- Required to work occasional evenings and weekends at events and to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate fundraising, sales, and/or marketing.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to present ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and familiarity with social media.
- Strong negotiation and clear communication skills; must be self-motivated, goal-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with solution selling for a nonprofit, cause, sports or entertainment facility, a background in promotion and event marketing preferred.
Minimum Education Required