EWG seeks a doctoral level scientist with a commitment to the environment and a desire to advocate for public health protection through innovative research.
· Help EWG transform company practices and national policy to reduce people's exposures to chemicals that pose risks to health.
· Provide toxicology expertise for assessing safety of ingredients in cosmetics, food, cleaning products, sunscreens, and other consumer products.
· Compile, analyze and manage data on toxicity of product ingredients and environmental contaminants. You will be a member of the team that builds and maintains EWG's popular online resources rating the safety common sources of chemical exposures.
· Assess, maintain and expand the body of toxicology data held within the databases and manage researcher assistants who help you carry out this work.
· Remain abreast of toxicology issues relevant to EWG issue areas.
· Work in collaboration with EWG policy and communication experts to develop frameworks and methods for assessing and presenting toxicology information to the public.
· Support EWG work on advancing policy measures to protect Americans from chemical exposures from water, air, food and consumer products.
· PhD in toxicology.
· 3 or more years of experience in related position for corporate, government or non-government organizations.
· Familiarity with chemical toxicity assessments and sound understanding of toxicology/risk assessment principles.
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and also contribute expertise to multidisciplinary project teams.
· Familiarity with writing and editing scientific materials for a general audience.
· The position requires ability to work in a fast paced setting, efficiency with transition to new projects and commitment to the mission of the organization.
Location: Washington, D.C. – this position does not allow for tele-commuting/tele-work.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume and writing sample of scientific material written for general audience to Brett Dorow at email@example.com
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter, resume and writing sample of scientific material written for general audience to Brett Dorow at firstname.lastname@example.org