Details: Compensation is $25 an hour for a maximum of 40 hours a week.
Endeavor Insight is currently looking for short-term Contract Research Assistants to work on our research on the agriculture/finished food products industry in Fresno, California.
The Contract Research Assistant will ideally be based in Fresno but can potentially work from Endeavor Insight's office in New York. They will be working for 30-40 hours per week for 4-5 months.
The purpose of this project is to:
- Provide a snapshot of the sector’s current size and status in the Fresno community;
- Evaluate local entrepreneurs’ strengths and challenges;
- Quantify the ways that large corporate buyers are playing a role in local entrepreneurs’ development;
- Identify ways that local entrepreneurs can capture more value within the local community by utilizing best practices for scaling their firms and leveraging relationships with major buyers and other organizations.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
<img src="https://na67.salesforce.com/img/s.gif">Duties will include:
- Building a comprehensive company list and identifying notable or fast-growing entrepreneurs
- Conducting massive outreach and interviews with founders of the identified companies
- Cleaning and organizing survey data
- Researching successful local entrepreneurship support programs.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate has previous work experience in the sector in Fresno, or has a strong understanding of the industry.
- Candidates must have strong interviewing skills.
- Candidates should be capable of managing large amounts of data and possess strong quantitative skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in international development or entrepreneurship is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants should prepare a cover letter explaining why they want to work at Endeavor and why they are the best candidate for this position. Applicants should submit this cover letter and a resume through our online application at http://endeavor.org/work-with-us Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, we can only respond directly to select applicants.