Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package
47 West Street
WHO WE ARE
Located in downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city’s premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around. If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
Bridge serves a diverse population of young people and values a similar diversity in our staff and volunteers. For this reason, we strongly encourage members of under-represented groups to apply for our employment opportunities.
The Transitional Day Program Counselor is responsible for the practical functioning of the program on a daily basis. This position will focus on the survival aid, assessment, referral, and placement for the ‘hard to reach’ street youth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Respond to drop-in clients including: breakfast, lunch, showers, laundry, computer games, field
trips, outings and physical exercise
- Provide crisis intervention
- Provide regular skills-building activities
- Provide educational and job development referral
- Assist homeless youth in obtaining, housing, mental healthcare, and substance abuse services
- Provide advocacy services
- Compile statistics and case records as required
- Participate in weekly program meetings
- Participate in monthly all staff meeting
- Ensure that all activities, services and programs through Bridge are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Bridge clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree required and one or more years' experience with young adults
- ·Previous experience in the following areas housing search/placement, job development, community relations, recreational counseling
- ·Continuous clean driver’s record
- ·Valid Licenses as required
- Supervision with Transitional Day Program Coordinator
- Consultation with Clinical Consultant
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Minimum Education Required