Sports Conditioning Instructors for Middle and High School Students
- Job posted by Liberty LEADS in New York City
Details: $25/hour - minimum contingent on funding
610 West 112th street
Where: Bank Street College of Education 610 W 112th Street, New York, NY 10025
When: October 2018 – June 2019
Liberty LEADS seeks Sports Conditioning Instructor to work with middle and high school students. The class will have an emphasis on speed, agility, coordination, strength and flexibility training.
The Liberty LEADS Program at Bank Street College is a college access and college success program serving students throughout New York City. We offer a comprehensive academic program and a wide range of resources for students in grades 5 through 12, Monday through Saturday, for 11 months of the year. Liberty LEADS works to ensure that youth with few economic resources have access to the supports necessary to realize their potential, make positive contributions to society, and smoothly make the transition into college or an entry-level career. The program is guided by the principle that all children have gifts, talents, and great potential and can contribute to one another's social and academic growth.
● Create and implement programming incorporating team building activities
● Engage students and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students
● Manage group using positive behavior management strategies
● Meet regularly with the Liberty LEADS Advisor for supervision and debriefing
● Provide lesson plans to supervisor one week in advance for approval.
● Must possess strong communication skills and knowledge of group dynamics
● Must be able to create and follow through on a proposal and curriculum.
● Experience working with middle and high school youth
$25/hour - minimum contingent on funding
Every Wednesday from 4:30-6:30
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume to:Marisol Saks, Operations Manager - Banks Street College of Education - Liberty Leads at firstname.lastname@example.org & apply through the Bank Street website