320 East 94th Street
Responsible for developing and supporting the quality structure of the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MSAHC) by working strategically and in collaboration with MSAHC leadership, clinical service providers, core department service lines, interdisciplinary committees and high priority work groups to facilitate, implement and evaluate clinical and operational process improvement initiatives at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center. The Quality Improvement Performance Improvement Coordinator reports to the Medical Director of the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides leadership in designing clinical work processes that support and optimize quality and performance on initiatives aligned with Hospital goals.
2. Works collaboratively with leadership and staff across the hospital to plan, develop and implement appropriate clinical integration programs.
3. Works to ensure the utilization of clinical data to support the identification of quality issues and improvement opportunities, drive prioritization and decision making, and monitor improvement activities.
4. Consults with hospital directors/managers for best practices and facilitates implementation efforts.
5. Provides direction and guidance to clinical personnel; and develops and oversees the processes associated with clinical outcomes measurement, reporting and improvement.
6. Identifies problems and issues and communicates them to the appropriate individual(s), recommends and implements solutions.
7. Works in collaboration with Risk Management and the CMO office to develop and incorporate pro-active risk reduction processes into clinical department quality.
8. Responsible for accreditation, regulatory, and licensing standards related to the delivery of safe and effective patient care. Responsibilities include overseeing NYS DOH regulatory and accreditation visits such as Joint Commission, NYSDOH, OMH and CMS to ensure the appropriate staff and managers are involved, that processes are facilitated at all times during regulatory visits and to develop and monitor compliance with action plans designed to address statements of deficiencies and as a result of root cause analysis.
9. May be asked to participate in selected hospital quality committees.
10. Involved in clinical flow support at the MSHAC
11. Assigned other duties as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred (Public Health, Clinical Informatics)
· Minimum Related Experience (e.g. 1 year in research environment)
· Experience in Quality Improvement; experience in program management. Should have intermediate / advanced excel and data analysis skills Minimum Computer Skills (provide program and skill level, e.g. MS Word - Basic) (skill levels are Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)
Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
General Skills (e.g. excellent written and oral communication)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Process improvement skills (Six Sigma, Lean, or CPHQ preferred)
· Project management experience with process measurement, clinical data collection, process change and working knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred.
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work well in a team setting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Subject: Quality Improvement Performance Coordinator