222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212
The Startups Manager will support the development of millennial founders in Chicago and across the country.
The role will focus on the Future Founders Residency, a program designed to empower diverse millennials to start businesses. The Residency offers an expansive set of resources to new and early-stage entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 30 who want to explore opportunities to launch and grow businesses in the Chicago community.
The Startups Manager should take initiative to improve processes, exceed expectations of founders and partners, and to focus on the growth of Future Founders’ millennial work.
Key responsibilities include:
- STRATEGY - Provide guidance to senior leadership on enhancing and expanding our millennial work.
- FUNDRAISING - Work with the senior leadership team to secure new funding for the program and organization as a whole. As part of this, the Startups Manager will assist with grant reporting, data collection, and program evaluation.
- RECRUITMENT - Lead application and interview processes for key millennial activities including the Residency, the Fellowship, U.Pitch National College Elevator Pitch Competition, and the EntrepreneurshipU Awards. Focus diversity including women, communities of color, veterans and immigrants.
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - Lead day-to-day operations of Residency accelerator including founder coaching and goal setting, mentor relationships, event planning, and communications. The Startups Manager will also assist with sourcing and curating relevant entrepreneurial content and resources for founders.
- PARTNERSHIP COORDINATION - The Startups Manager will support the senior leadership in strengthening key organizational partners (colleges/universities and non-profits) to drive engagement in Future Founders. S/he will also coordinate and lead entrepreneurial workshops on local college campuses.
- NETWORKING – Attend events in the community during the day and after work to expand the Future Founders network.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED – We run like a startup, so you need to have a “can do” attitude and be ready to pitch in when needed. You must be entrepreneurial, have the ability to multi-task and take the initiative to advance the program. The Startups Manager will also assist the team with other organizational activities.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Type of Employment: Full Time Position
Start Date: September 4, 2018
Interviews Begin: July 30, 2018
Location: Future Founders is headquartered at 1871 (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212, Chicago, IL 60654). The role includes flexibility, with the Startups Manager working at 1871, in the community and remotely.
- College graduate who has background in business/entrepreneurship.
- 4+ years of work experience, preferably working in a startup or with entrepreneurs.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have direct experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Coaching entrepreneurs
- Working in an accelerator/incubator/entrepreneurship center
- Managing an entrepreneurial program
- Capable of high levels of program management and innovation with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience creating and leveraging partnerships.
- Enjoy working with entrepreneurs and students of all ages (middle school, high school and college), especially with students from underserved areas.
- Have an understanding of the entrepreneurial community.
DESIRED BACKGROUND, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess a tremendous passion for inspiring young business leaders.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and the startup scene.
- Possess strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the demonstrable experience, professional credibility and personal attributes necessary to forge productive relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Coachable and the drive to learn and grow.
- Demonstrate initiative for assignments and be a self-starter.
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Technology-oriented with advanced aptitude in the Google suite.
- Have a valid driver’s license in the United States.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Desire to have fun while making a difference in the lives of youth.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply at https://bit.ly/2MVDEfO