About South Lane Mental Health:
Located in Cottage Grove, Oregon, South Lane Mental Health is guided by an enduring commitment to provide individualized mental health services with compassion and respect. South Lane Mental Health’s staff of 100 provided a variety of therapeutic services to over 2,000 individuals in Cottage Grove and the surrounding community. Our employees have a wide range of backgrounds, educational attainment and skill sets. We strive to create an agency community characterized by empowerment, compassion and innovation.
About the Position:
The Credentialing and HR Specialist works as part of SLMH’s Human Resources team to ensure that data, information, and files related to SLMH’s employees are up-to-date, accurate, and well organized. They ensure that all employees are appropriately credentialed with relevant insurance agencies, and provide support to employees with credentialing and credentialing-related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete and maintain credentialing paperwork for staff, and submit to relevant insurance companies.
- Conduct verifications of employment and other checks needed for credentialing.
- Maintain up-to-date credentialing records for all employees, including verifying that all information is current and requesting information updates as needed. This would include basic information about employees, training records, and licenses and certifications.
- Track credentialing status and ensure that employees are initially credentialed and re-credentialed in a timely fashion.
- Provide timely support for employees in the credentialing and re-credentialing process.
- Maintain knowledge of credentialing requirements for insurance companies accepted by SLMH, and update credentialing processes as necessary.
- Assist employees with registration and maintenance of additional certifications and other prerequisite for credentialing required for employment (i.e. MHACBO registries.)
- Maintain employee records, including ensuring that all staff information is correctly entered into the Human Resources Information Management System and relevant notification lists, and all information in the HRIMS is current and complete.
- Ensure that physical copies of HR and personnel records are appropriately filed and maintained.
- Prepare new hire packets and assist with set-up of new employee’s office space and equipment.
- Provide logistical support for staff events and activities such as staff appreciation activities and agency-wide trainings, including space reservations, setup, and breakdown.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications and HR records reviews.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- As required, positively represent SLMH in the community and with other service providers, and/or act as a liaison with other organizations or with internal committees/cross-departmental teams.
- Perform all duties in a respectful and responsible manner, both with clients and coworkers, and in a manner that meets all professional ethical standards.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; associate or bachelor degree a plus.
- At least one year of experience working in an office setting.
- Experience working in a medical/mental health environment or in a Human Resources or credentialing function preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to manipulate and process large amounts of data error-free.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to balance clinical, cultural, and ethical values, particularly as relates to client and staff needs.
- Knowledge of databases, particular HRIM systems.
- Knowledge of credentialing procedures preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to interact positively with people of all ages and cultural background.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Strong computer skills.