Hospitality Homes (www.hosp.org) Hospitality Homes provides free short-term housing in volunteer host homes and donated apartments for families and friends of patients seeking care at Boston-area healthcare organizations. Since 1983, this unique home-away-from-home experience has brought a compassionate response as well as emotional and financial relief to guests in need. We are currently seeking a Property Manager Associate for our Boston area apartment program.
Description: The Property Manager Associate is responsible for all aspects of the apartments booked on a short-term basis for medical guests in Boston. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, property management experience and computer skills. The position also supports program operations with communications, data management, payment processing, and outreach to key stakeholders. This is a demanding and rewarding opportunity that requires a person with superb interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. As a key member of our program team, this position has flexible hours, up to 40 hours per week; salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits including 401k. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional night and weekend hours are required; guest support after hours service required as needed.
Property Manager Associate must display:
· Strong Communication Skills
· Business and Customer Service Acumen
· Experience with Budgets
· Exceptional Organizational Skills
· Basic Understanding of Marketing and Social Media
· Professionalism, Internal & External Communications, Listening and Communication Processes
· Hands-On Skills and ability to lift between 25-40lbs
- Responsible for the property management and maintenance of all furnished apartments in Greater Boston, from 1-2 bedrooms; successfully maintain professional relationships with owner/real estate property/management entities that provide the apartments to Hospitality Homes (HH).
- Works with apartment Leasing Team on leases and/or rental agreements with Hospitality Homes and is responsible for lease administration process for Hospitality Homes. Maintains knowledge of lease agreements and ensures compliance from accounting and operations perspectives.
- Maintains properties and enforces rules of occupancy; inspects units and arranges for alterations, maintenance, upkeep, and reconditioning of facilities; develops budgets for review/approval.
- Reviews periodic inventory of apartment furnishings and property condition; manages upkeep and replacement orders in accordance with established parameters; ensures properties are performing and kept up according to HH standards and procedures.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective outside services, such as turn-over cleaning, carpet/upholstery cleaning, cable/wifi.
- Manage various accounts for the apartments including cleaning, electrical, cable/wifi and any other related recurring or other operational expenses.
- Plans and leads the scheduling of annual inspections and any renovations required by HH and /or apartment leasing/owners.
- Communicates regularly with the apartment’s Property Administrator, providing necessary support and information to this primary property leasing/owner contact.
Marketing and Communications:
- Oversees the guest move-in/move-out process which may occur several times each month.
- Maintains role as primary/secondary contact for guest relative for guest service requests. Proactively meets with guest representatives on scheduled basis.
- Responsible for compliance with development, revision and implementation of property manuals and on-line systems.
- Contract with guests by executing liability and use agreements; collecting guest donations, deposits and occasional payments.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Provide administrative support to program operations staff.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by working with volunteers to support apartment upkeep and furnishings.
- Develops programs at the facility to engage guests and building residents with HH and other related opportunities.
- Coordinates volunteer activities to support and enhance the HH guest experience at the apartments, such as meal prep, hat and coat drives, holiday meal drop-offs.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-year associates degree in related field; BA/BS is desirable. • A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience required.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to also communicate in Spanish helpful.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills attention to detail and excellent multitasking skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required and proven experience and comfort in dealing with numbers and quantification of same.
- Proven strong initiative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to determine needs and achieve results without close supervision.
- Ability to retain knowledge of a multitude of information, procedures and work flow processes.
- Strong computer skills and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to effectively interface with all departments of the company and to represent the department in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands
- Effective problem solving skills
- Flexibility with work schedule to include working overtime on a periodic basis.
- Prior work experience in property management and/or real estate desirable.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves some work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a scanner and printer.
- Involves movement amongst office to facilitate workflow.
- Team player who can work effectively in a small office environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail and Constant Contact
- A good sense of humor, flexible, with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic
- Vision abilities allowing reading of printed materials, graphics, and computer displays.
- Hands-On Skills and ability to lift between 25-40lbs.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and references by 11/16/18 to Marianne Jones, Executive Director: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Excellent benefits, including paid time off and 401K with employer matching.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, additional languages such as Spanish and/or Portuguese helpful but not required.
Minimum Education Required