Details: Salary varies with experience, but is highly competitive with leading nongovernmental organisations.
Avaaz is searching for a brilliant, talented individual to support our team and manage our office in London - an effective multi-tasker, ready to tackle new and difficult tasks in an extremely fast-paced environment. A big picture thinker who is unafraid of taking initiative, while also able to maintain a sharp eye for detail.
The ideal candidate will need to be a logistics guru, while also able to understand the ins and outs of our campaigns, legal, tech, and media teams. Our operations team members take on exciting projects within the larger organisation, such as planning team retreats and organising logistics for media stunts and campaign deliveries. This is a challenging and exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organisations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to develop and pursue large-scale social change efforts.
- Support our Campaign Director(s) in the UK and across Europe by managing inbox, organising priorities, and keeping them on task through each day
- Providing administrative and personal assistance
- Organise schedules, meetings, travel and logistics
- Facilitating quick and easy communication within the team
- Designing and implementing systems to improve efficiency and accountability within the campaigns team and particularly as relates to the Operations team.
- Conducting research, fact-checking, proofreading and preparing documents as requested
- Managing campaign budgets and coordinating with the Operations team to ensure legal and policy compliance
- Ensuring timely invoicing, expense and credit card reporting for senior staff (and other team members as time permits)
- Other admin and organizational tasks as part of the Operations team, including helping to plan bi-annual team retreats and managing our office in London.
- Strong computer skills. Google mail and docs management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, conscientious, and self-motivated.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, other languages are an asset.
- Budget management experience.
Avaaz is a virtual organisation, with most of our work done over email, telephone and Skype. Our staff are based in cities all over the world and meet at team retreats twice per year. Preference is given to candidates who live in (or can relocate to) London. At minimum, candidates must be based in the same timezone.
Benefits range with location, but include 5 weeks paid vacation per year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is a requirement, other languages are an asset.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at: https://secure.avaaz.org/en/hiring/#op-74759-executive-assistant-london