Details: Commensurate with experience
140 College Drive
Job Opportunity: Finance Manager
About the Position:
The Finance Manager has overall responsibility for all financial functions of the organization, including payroll for a staff of nine, monthly financial reporting, annual budget preparation, grant administration, management and accounting, audit oversight and 1099 preparation. In addition, this position works with other team members to organize, staff and support several large scale annual events. The position reports directly to the Executive Director, but works collaboratively with seven other professionals in communications, grants, trails management, educational programming and administration.
SRG is seeking to fill this position with a finance/accounting professional with a minimum of five years of related experience. Salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 plus benefits.
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other business related field, but significant related experience will be taken into consideration if degree is in an unrelated field
· CPA or other advanced finance related credentials preferred
· Experience and expertise with QuickBooks
· Advanced proficiency in Excel required
· Experience in the non-profit and grant administration field preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Problem solving skills, exemplary attention to detail, multitasking and time management skills are most critical
· Must be able to work independently, but also be comfortable with collaborative working relationships, relating well with people and partners at all levels and from all communities
· Must be able to attend occasional evening or weekend events
· Position requires occasional work outdoors
The Finance Manager will be expected to work from SRG’s offices in Pottstown, PA.
Following is a more detailed listing of the duties and responsibilities of this position:
· Enter monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
· Enter bills, pay bills, and coordinate the timing and organization of disbursements.
· Track timesheets, execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll provider and QuickBooks. Knowledge of Jetpay payroll system preferred.
· Prepare monthly financial reports as needed by the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and staff.
· Assist Executive Director in preparing yearly operational budget.
· Complete federal forms and submit performance reports to the National Park Service quarterly as well as keep organization status updated in SAM.
· Apply for quarterly draws on federal appropriations through ASAP.gov.
· Reconcile all bank accounts, petty cash, credit card, and PayPal monthly.
· Conduct banking/cash management, including transfers among accounts, to cover payroll and invoices.
· Support management with accounting functions, including coding, expenses, invoices and billing issues with vendors, and tracking all program and grant funds.
· Maintain and oversee human resource records, banking, investments, 401k, insurance records, worker’s comp, assets, and other records required by law or for audit purposes.
· Prepare for and oversee annual audit of the organization, as well as any program audits required by local, state or federal funding sources in conjunction with a professional auditing firm.
· Record W-9 information and prepare 1099s at year-end. Distribute 1099s to recipients, IRS and state/local taxing authorities as necessary.
· Pay quarterly Sales Tax.
· Complete Annual Workers’ Comp audit.
· Work with organization team members in supporting several events each year.
· Assist with grant program audits as requested by funders.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail with the subject line “Finance Manager Position” to:
Elaine Schaefer, Executive Director, email@example.com.
All submissions must be received by 4 PM on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.