STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $15 per hour
SCHEDULE: 18 Hours/Week
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified Housing Aide with a strong commitment to social justice to work in our Eviction Prevention Program. The Eviction Prevention Program assists low-income families with accessing necessary and available rent support programs to address the family’s need for housing stability. The program includes assistance with: housing education, counseling, landlord/tenant mediation, household assessment, housing court navigation and apartment search. The Housing Aide is responsible for permeating QCH’s mission, vision and values into the work, the interactions between staff and the program’s participant base.
- Conduct weekly follow-up on cases to keep participants engaged in program.
- Schedule appointments accordingly.
- Answer phones in a professional manner.
- Conduct basic intake process.
- Enter case notes in database.
- Collect basic enrollment information.
- Gather and copy documents needed to process FHEPS applications.
- Make referrals to the Housing Specialists.
- Keep track of DSS checks: pick up dates and release dates.
- Assist Housing Specialists with assessment of apartments by accompanying them to inspections of units.
- Attend meetings representing the agency as directed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' of experience working in similar setting providing direct client service and engaging in field activities.
- Knowledge of NYC housing practices, court regulations and actions.
- Familiarity with general casework management principles as they apply to low income housing assistance programs and socioeconomic issues.
- Demonstrated attendance and punctuality in meeting required schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and to speak comfortably with people you may not know.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Housing Aide” to Marilyn Sotomayor at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Queens Community House Homelessness Prevention Program
165-08 88th Avenue- Room 217
Jamaica, NY 11432
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required