Details: Fees will be based on estimated hours per month, plus set-up time in November and December
District of Columbia
We are in an accelerated search for the right candidate to support our work. We're up to big things, accelerating change for women, families and youth in coffee communities. We look forward to hearing from you and getting started right away!
The Partnership for Gender Equity (PGE) was founded in 2014 by the Coffee Quality Institute (CQI), a California based 501C3 non-profit organization. PGE has permission from CQI to set-up a separate entity to continue the work of the Partnership independently. Kimberly Easson is leading PGE’s work and has assembled an Advisory Council to support the evolution of the initiative to become an independent 501C3 organization.
A key step in the process to incorporate is to set up financial management procedures and book-keeping systems, and prepare the relevant documentation for the 501C3 application, including the special budget format for Form 1023. PGE is looking to contract financial management services to set up initial financial management systems and to provide basic book-keeping services on a monthly basis.
Responsibilities and tasks for Financial Management Consultant:
The support of the Financial Management Consultant falls into two components as follows:
1. Initial Set-upwill include the preparation of the 3 year budget for Form 1023, the “on-boarding” of Quick Books setup for PGE, which includes ensuring the chart of accounts, classes, vendors and donors are aligned with PGE’s specifications. Creating a fiscal policies and procedures manual, templates for internal use, establishing a consultant payment request system (in lieu of payroll) and other origination tasks. Details below.
2. Ongoing supportto be provided on a monthly basis will include accounts payable and receivables, payroll, QuickBooks database maintenance, credit card payments, monthly financial reports, grant reporting assistance of budget formation and outlays at the end of the grant, Board financial updates and other tasks listed below.
Detailed Tasks and Deliverables:
· Complete the 3 year budget in the specified format for the 1023 form for 501c3 filing
· Create independent Quickbooks file for PGE
· Update current chart of accounts to reflect revenue, expenses and donor relationships
· Create templates for expense reports, timesheet allocation, payroll/vendor selection, donor communication and the like
· Create fiscal policies and practices
· Print, process & enter all approved Accounts Payable requests and allocate appropriately
· Print, process & enter all Accounts Receivable invoices received and match to monies received
· Prepare deposits, when necessary, in three (3) business days of receipt of monies and allocate to appropriate fund for all deposits
· Generate monthly and quarterly reports for manager’s review on a timely basis (income statements, balance sheets, budget v. actuals, cashflow statements)
· Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
· Print & maintain filing system for all grant award documents. Allocate per instruction in QuickBooks database accordingly and in a timely manner
· Coordinating and participating in the preparation of annual operating plans and budgets
· Interacting with the finance committee and board at and/or in preparation for quarterly meetings
· Ensuring that the organization maintains comprehensive financial accounting records and internal controls
· Acting as a liaison and contact person for PGE external auditors, statutory authorities and other appropriate service providers
· Prepare and file with federal and state tax authorities year-end W-2’s, 1099’s and 941’s, if payroll service does not comply
· Monitor petty cash and distribute according to policies and procedures
· Issue donor communications as needed
· Maintain on-going relationships with financial institution representatives
· Provide on-going suggestions related to ensuring transparency and accuracy
This is a part time role, estimated 2 - 4 days per month, with the opportunity to grow into more time as the organization grows
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluent, Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required