331 W. Main Street
Toxic Free NC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Finance and Office Administrator to provide accounting support, implement all aspects of administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and support team members in order to contribute to the success of Toxic Free NC’s mission. The Finance and Office Administrator performs regular bookkeeping and database management responsibilities, maintains the organization’s financial records, provides program and outreach support, and acts as an information resource for other staff and the general public. Do you find joy in creating order? Are you exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about improving community health and the environment? Please apply!
General Office Support
- Responds to inquiries from the general public, and provides strong public relations and customer service for the organization.
- Assists staff with meeting and event logistics; makes travel arrangements, and provides related administrative support.
- Organizes and maintains electronic (Google Drive) and paper filing systems
- Manages supply ordering, maintenance requests, and vendor relationships
- Responsible for orderly management of office space and supplies
- Tracks and submits quarterly lobbyist and other forms to the NC Secretary of State.
- Oversees and executes all mailings
- Trains staff and interns on database and recordkeeping protocols and office systems and functions.
- Other general office duties as assigned
- Manages all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP.
- Creates, maintains, and revises systems and procedures by consistently analyzing operating practices, record-keeping protocol, forms control, office systems, and budgetary requirements; implementing changes where necessary
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Coordinates with CPA and auditors (where necessary) in preparation of year-end
- reconciliation and IRS 990/State filings, including 1099 reporting for all vendors
- Supports Executive Director in development and analysis of annual organization
- budget, where needed
- Supports other staff with accounting feedback for program questions, expenses,
- tracking, etc.
- Other financial duties as assigned
- Deposits and records checks, and maintains adequate documentation of all revenue and expense transactions.
- Provides support to the Executive Director in carrying out her responsibilities.
Community Outreach & Fundraising Support
- Assists in planning and coordination of outreach and events as needed
- Coordinates production of annual fundraising letters, enters donations into
- constituent management database, tracks donations, prepares donor acknowledgments, and supports other donor stewardship best practices with Executive Director
- Runs regular queries to generate fundraising reports and provide member data to staff.
- Tracks and reports usage of grant funding in accordance with funder/grant guidelines
- Maintains and oversees improvements to donor database and donor account management
- Minimum of two years of experience providing administrative and financial support to a non-profit organization
- Strong Quickbooks skills and expertise in accrual-based accounting methods
- Financial reporting preparation and audit experience
- Checking management experience
- Oversees educational/outreach related materials
- Attends community engagement events occasionally
- Performs other community outreach duties and program support as assigned
- A belief in Toxic Free NC’s mission.
- Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office, Excel, G-Suite
- tools, Neon database, and Mailchimp (or comparable) with ability and enthusiasm to learn new programs quickly. Basic desktop publishing skills a plus.
- Willingness to perform and initiate tasks not outlined above in order to ensure that Toxic Free NC fulfills its mission.
Toxic Free NC aims to improve the health and wellbeing of North Carolina’s people and environment by reducing exposures to toxic chemicals used in agriculture and consumer products. We’ve been fighting toxic pollution since 1986, and we’re entering a new era of tackling big, important issues that needs all hands on deck. Toxic Free North Carolina is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, inclusive working environment. Women, candidates of color and those with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Toxic Free North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer.
Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and three job related references to email@example.com with the subject line “Finance and Office Administrator Application.” Incomplete application packages will not be accepted; no phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis through September 10. No calls or unsolicited emails, please.