5 West 63rd Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Marketing & Communications Director who will be responsible for marketing and communication materials for all programming and events branch-wide. The incumbent will work in collaboration with all Department Heads to provide, digital and print materials for all programs. Additionally, the Marketing & Communications Director will create and schedule e-blasts, and handle social media for the entire West Side YMCA by creating regular and dynamic posts. Additional responsibilities includes creating, managing and implementing an integrated communications plan, completed in collaboration with the communications staff to ensure all materials meet Association Office and YUSA branding guidelines.
- Design and print program flyers and all promotional materials for branch-wide programming.
- Create and schedule regular e-blasts about open houses (membership and camp) and newsletters. Maintain and cultivate mailing lists for each program department.
- Create communication calendars and publicize information throughout the branch and on the website.
- Regularly maintain website to ensure that all information is timely, accurate and actionable.
- Maintain and grow the community social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YELP, Trip Advisor, etc.), posting regularly and developing short and long-range strategic plans for social media.
- Create, manage and implement integrated branch communication plan.
- Support all program departments with the implementation of evaluations and surveys through electronic collections system (Survey Monkey). Create reports and analysis of evaluation.
- Create publications, including newsletters, e-bulletins, program guide, camp guide, brochures and blog posts.
- Work directly with other departments to maintain that all information on the mobile app is updated and relevant.
- Work with program staff to conduct outreach for program events and community events to increase visibility for West Side Y.
- Oversee and produce event marketing materials including website, invitations, post event communications, and other e-communications, programs and videos.
- Work with leadership staff to identify press opportunities based on “mission oriented stories.”
- Serve as Branch Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Promote and manage all internal and external signage at the West Side Y.
- Work in cooperation with Association Office on overall communications and marketing strategy, adhering to brand standards and leveraging resources provided by the Association Office.
- Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- College degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience in busy non-profit environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience with marketing and client relations.
- Knowledge of graphic design, marketing, working with all ages, customer relations, and sales.
- General knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, website content management systems, and social media management software.
- Articulate, self-managed, multi-tasker, high-energy level individual with interest and passion in the Y mission.
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, project management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication – verbal and written skills required.
Minimum Education Required