2401 Liberty Heights Avenue
The Salesforce Database Manager (DM) is the primary administrator of Thread’s Salesforce database which includes data on over 400 students, over 1000 volunteers, and thousands of collaborators and prospective volunteers. Our database is a key piece of infrastructure as we scale up to 3000 volunteers and 1000 students in the next three years. As a highly data-motivated organization, staff is held accountable to over 250 metrics - the DM oversees the backend to ensure these metrics are easily accessible and employees have the tools they need to achieve them. The DM ensures that our data systems are scalable and sustainable for all organization processes - including, but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, student growth, fundraising and resource recruitment, and staff management.
The DM will work closely with the head of the data and evaluation team to determine appropriate solutions to defined business needs in data collection, process management, and metric reporting. This DM is the primary Salesforce administrator for our organization, and will be responsible for systems administration and integration, customization, configuration, automation, implementation, testing, and documentation. DM will play a key role in implementing technical solutions to improve and replace legacy systems and tools as Thread doubles the size of its network in the next year.
Database Development & Administration
- Perform detailed analysis of technical and business requirements and/or issues and make recommendations to head of data and evaluation team.
- Develop new reports to slice data in different ways (i.e. across different student types, different lanes)
- Recommend, refine and improve upon all systems processes and policies. Create scoping requirements for new features/processes/apps.
- Create, maintain and optimize objects, fields, workflows/processes/flows, views, reports, dashboards, functions as directed by head of data evaluation team.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for system processes and workflows.
- Manage logins and permissions for staff members.
- Provide end user support.
- Facilitate system, information and process integration and communication across Salesforce and integrated systems. Ensure that critical systems and solutions interface with each other seamlessly and effectively.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and usability through use of new tools.
- Implement and customize tools to streamline mass communications and improve ease of data collection.
- Deploy automation tools across multiple departments
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, and performance testing of new application functionality. Analyze and mitigate issues identified during testing.
- Document changes to the system
- Assist content data managers with data migration from older systems/processes into current systems/processes
- Perform data imports/updates using data loader tools
- Help stakeholders identify and remediate dormant Contacts, Accounts, and other data. Merge duplicates and delete unnecessary objects.
- Audit and identify data integrity issues and implement rules to mitigate. Establish and enforce standard naming conventions.
- Coordinate and deploy data systems development activities and help ensure data integrity and consistent use throughout the organization.
- Ensure key metrics can be captured, reported, and progress tracked toward goals in recruitment, relationship management, fundraising, etc.
- Create and maintain easy-to-read dashboards in Salesforce and Tableau to present trends in all business areas to executive team and Board.
- Develop and enforce clear organization system for report folders in Salesforce.
- Document necessary reporting maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or professional technical experience.
- 2-3 years designing and building relational databases required.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience Salesforce experience creating, modifying, reporting is required.
- Ability to articulate pros and cons of different approaches to a technical problem.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience transitioning data from old systems to new systems strongly valued.
More About Thread
Thread engages underperforming high school students confronting significant barriers outside of the classroom by providing each one with a family of committed volunteers and increased access to community resources. We foster students’ academic advancement and personal growth into self-motivated, resilient, and responsible citizens.
Thread believes that the power of relationships can end the poverty of isolation and allow all of us to thrive. Thread is fast-growing; we currently serve 415 students and alumni, over 1,000 volunteers and 300+ collaborators. Our strategic plan targets reaching 7% of all Baltimore freshmen (enrolling 304 new students annually in order to reach 3,040 students over 10 years) by FY30. We seek to expand our impact and reach a tipping point in Baltimore where we are changing expectations about who is capable of success and who is in need of help to encompass not just Thread students but everyone. Our growth is predicated on the continued strong outcomes of our students and the financial stability of our organization.
Team members at Thread are hard- and smart-working, collaborative, curious, passionate, gritty, strategic and resilient. We meet people where they are. We trust each other to be sincere, reliable and competent. The outcomes Thread has achieved are exemplary. However, the road to excellence is peppered with iterative learning. We make mistakes often and fail frequently, but we learn from our mistakes and continue to tenaciously try and try again. Thread creates a safe and challenging space for all individuals in our community—students, volunteers, collaborators, and staff— to find their passion through deep reflection, honest feedback, and in-depth coaching.
- 15 days per annum of paid time off
- 12 holidays
- 100% of employee-only coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow this link to apply! Due to the volume of inquiries, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.