1016 West Argyle St.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is a community-based social services agency. CMAA's mission is to serve the needs, promote the interests, and enhance the well-being of immigrants and refugees in the Chicagoland area, and to foster their participation in and assimilation into American society. CMAA offers services for the community spanning several generations. After-school youth programs provide responsible programming for kindergarten to 8th grade children. Mentoring and basketball leagues help provide productive activities for young adults. Adult education programs offer lessons in English proficiency, financial literacy, and computer skills.
A wide array of social services are offered, including housing assistance, health care assistance, job skill training, and job placement. CMAA is particularly proud of its senior services, including a robust homemaker service, as well as an active Golden Age Club, which does weekly activities ranging from calligraphy to Tai Chi.
The Development Manager CMAA is looking for will create and oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which includes bequests, major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation from foundations, and individual giving. The Development Manager will maintain and grow relationships with key subjects with the sole intention to enhance CMAA’s mission and vision established by the Board of Directors.
Development Manager Responsibilities:
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the CMAA Board of Directors to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of CMAA.
- Implement the fund development plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community and industry to adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization, working in conjunction with CMAA program managers.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for CMAA.
- Identify and develop corporate, foundation and individual prospects for CMAA’s fundraising priorities.
- Oversee the administration of CMAA’s donor management database in a manner that effectively cultivates donors and tracks the level of ongoing stewardship with such donors.
- Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts
Staff fund development activities
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview, and select well-qualified fund development staff, and any possible outside consultants.
- Develop and maintain a system to engage and track volunteers for special fund development projects.
Manage fund development budget
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
Promote the organization
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within CMAA
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote CMAA to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of CMAA.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of CMAA.
- BA required. MA (plus).
- 5 years of work experience in fundraising and development, or commensurate work experience.
- Strong connection to immigrant communities.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills. Ability to meet people with ease.
- Strong organizational skills, well disciplined, able to work under pressure of many priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of long-range planning process.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Being a full time employee of CMAA comes with certain benefits:
-Paid time off.
-Long term disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying to this position please send your resume to Carmen Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org