Details: See Benefits Information below
90 Broad St # 701
Summer Search New York City is seeking a Development Associate to support the region’s $4 million fundraising program. Joining a 7-member development team, this hire will manage daily development operations, track and report on donor data, execute large-scale fundraising events, and provide behind-the-scenes support in donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship. This is a great opportunity for an emerging development professional to learn from an experienced development team, as well as help a regional site of a national nonprofit build its capacity to serve even more youth.
Specifically, the Development Associate will:
- Manage daily development operations, providing exceptional and proactive support to the Director of Development, Executive Director, and entire development team.
- Ensure accurate and timely upkeep of all donor data in Raiser’s Edge (RE) database, including entering gifts, processing gift acknowledgements, tracking donor relationships and actions, building donor profiles, conducting audits, and generating reports that illustrate progress on development strategies.
- Run scheduled and ad hoc reports, running queries and pulling data from RE database, manipulating in Excel, and presenting in a highly readable format.
- Conduct research and create donor and prospect profiles in support of identifying and sharing new opportunities with front-line relationship managers.
- Manage logistics of an annual gala that raises $1.5 million annually, including but not limited to materials production, vendor communication, RSVP tracking, day-of event production, and event follow-up. Support the production of other fundraising events throughout the year.
- Draft and coordinate donor and prospect correspondence including mailings, as well as prepare materials for quarterly and individual meetings with Board members.
- Liaise with national marketing team to shape and direct marketing efforts locally, particularly for Annual Fund solicitation.
- Manage changes to website, monitor and manage content for social media, and coordinate content for event materials; collaborate with program team to collect content on student stories for marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with a cohort of development peers across the Summer Search network to share and adopt best practices, recommending and implementing new strategies and tactics for the New York City team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 2 years of work experience, ideally supporting a development function at a nonprofit organization, with demonstrated experience in data management and event planning.
- You are experienced in using Raiser’s Edge or a comparable fundraising database, as well as Excel skills; fluidity and ease with technology and data analysis.
- You have eagle-eye attention to detail and project management skills; organized and systematic in managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with an ability to independently diagnose problems and come up with solutions.
- You possess strong oral and written communications skills with a honed ability to use a clear, concise, and meticulous writing style.
- You are a resourceful and results-oriented self-starter, with an ability to thrive in an authentic, feedback-driven culture and roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
- You have a proven ability to collaborate as part of a team, proactively in sharing information and ideas with colleagues and holding self and others to high standards.
- You bring a genuine interest in Summer Search’s mission of helping youth of color from low-income backgrounds realize their potential and achieve college success, and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
Work hours are Mon-Fri 10am-6pm with occasional weekend and evening special events. Work location is Summer Search office in New York City.
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our holistic investment includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 2 floating holidays, 10 company-wide holidays and a 1-week December closure.
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and racial equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.
We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team.
We hope you will join us as we continue to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Follow the link to submit a resume and targeted cover letter, addressed to Jill Kantrowitz, Associate Director of Development, that answers the question, “Why are you interested in the Development Associate opportunity at Summer Search?”