160 Fifth Avenue
Reporting to the deputy scientific director of the Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI), the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the SFARI science team and Clinical Research Associates. The individual in this role will assist with work outlined below, proactively anticipating administrative needs. In addition, they will provide support as requested to the director's executive assistant and the SFARI administrative assistant.
- Serve as first point of contact for the SFARI science team: screen telephone calls, inquiries and requests, and manage or refer as appropriate.
- Manage and maintain various calendars, including those of SFARI scientists and the general SFARI schedule. Assist eight SFARI and clinical research associates staff members with scheduling internal and external meetings, conference calls, webinars and conferences. This involves regular correspondence with external scientists and grantees.
- Coordinate travel and conference arrangements for members of the SFARI and CRA scientific teams. Ensure all travel needs of SFARI external guests are met by our travel vendors (ProTravel and Carey).
- Compile monthly expense reports for eight scientific staff members using Concur expense management system.
- Assist with meetings including polling for availability, collecting meeting materials, coordinating internal calendars and providing A/V support. Take meeting minutes and document the outcomes and action steps of key meetings.
- Manage incoming invoices from SFARI vendors and maintain approval matrix processes.
- Support science team members with individual grant portfolio management needs including spreadsheets and organization of documents.
- Manage email@example.com email inbox.
- Assist SFARI science writer with managing publication tracking, as well as administrative needs related to SFARI.org.
- Assist director's executive assistant and SFARI administrative assistant with projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least three years of administrative experience coordinating travel and handling complex calendars for various high-level personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to manage multiple and competing tasks and priorities
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications and software in a Mac OS X environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - Should be able to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities and communication styles. The SFARI team works closely together, so a collaborative spirit, flexibility and a sense of humor are also invaluable.
- Background or experience with scientific, academic or grant-making terminology is a plus.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply