This position will be responsible for updating budgets and reviewing and validating data to meet monthly internal reporting deadlines, as well as performing budget vs actual analysis for the organization's operational departments. It will assist in preparing and consolidating materials for Board meetings, quarterly projection reviews with division leaders, and other ad hoc reporting. It will provide additional support to the Senior Financial Analysis as needed.
- Manages the input of budget information into the current Hyperion system. Validates, publishes, and distributes monthly financial reports to budget holders.
- Assists with materials for the three board meetings, including schedules and presentation.
- Monitors expenses to ensure that the departments spend within available expense budget and that restricted funds are used accordingly. Performs regular review of actual financial performance against budget and ensures that projections and monthly reports are accurate for publication. Assists the budget team in addressing financial and accounting matters with budget holders of various skill levels.
- Creates and consolidates templates for mid-year review process, annual budget submission process, and revenue submissions and updates. Manages logistics for meetings with division SVPs and Finance department staff for mid-year review and budget submission.
- Performs expense and staffing ad hoc analysis of varying complexity, reviews findings, and makes recommendations applicable to the situation.
- Works with departments and Accounting team to ensure that monthly and annual close schedules are implemented in a timely manner. This includes the review of open liabilities, expensing of premium assets, expense accruals and prepaid accounts in Oracle.
- Update departmental policies and procedures documentation as needed and publish to the organization's Intranet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting or finance, and a minimum of 4 years related experience is required. Alternatively, a Master's degree in a related field (MBA preferred) with a minimum of 2 years' experience will suffice. Demonstrated ability to facilitate budget development is required.
- Proven knowledge of budget development and financial analysis is a must.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence and discretion, show good judgment, and take initiative.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively in addition to outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, financial and project management/multi-tasking skills.
- Oracle Financials, and Hyperion Planning/Essbase experience is required. Proven track record of being able to pick up system related skills quickly is a must.
- Ability to work with a wide range of staff and as an effective team member and individual contributor.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #19027
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required