4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
An Excellent Opportunity
We are looking for a Membership Specialist who can help us successfully bring in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement in Northern Fairfax County, Virginia. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
Here’s What You Will Be Doing
- Using your art of persuasion to convince girls, their parents, other caring adults, and community partner organizations to join, volunteer, promote, and give of their time and resources.
- Working towards a specific girl membership goal in order to grow the opportunity of Girl Scouting in the communities you are serving.
- Making cold contacts daily, mostly through telephone and email, as well as follow up with warm leads.
- Maintaining strong relationship with adult volunteers through phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings, including assisting with conflict resolution as the need arises.
- Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of volunteers to serve Girl Scout families in small segments of the community.
- Training and being a cheerleader for volunteers on girl and volunteer recruitment.
- Supporting outreach efforts through girl program, including day camps and sampler troops.
Is this you?
- Passionate about girl leadership
- Sales or other membership recruitment experience, or at least a strong desire to learn it, including cold contacts
- Persistent, dedicated, and committed
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Experienced with Microsoft Office; familiarity with Salesforce, a plus
- Ability to work 1–9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with occasional 9AM – 5PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend events.
- Have access to automobile for daily travel
- Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
- Comfortable and able to converse in Spanish would be useful (but not a must)
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to make a difference in the lives of girls
Do you like a traditional job description? We have that too! It’s on our website: www.gscnc.org/jobs.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required