Provides administrative and general support to the Bronx Parent Housing Network’s program by providing office assistance and implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies that support program participants and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains office workflow by implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies that maximize the efficiency of office service and the quality of work product.
2. Streamlines the communication process among staff. Assists with the maintenance of the Shelter Director’s calendar for workshop schedules and scheduling meeting dates for all upcoming meetings and follow up calls to ensure appointments are kept.
3. Supports program professionals by conducting research, compiling information and managing data. Assists program staff in maintaining folders updated and inputting program activities into the online database system. Prepares reports, documents and letters to support program work processes. Coordinates the distribution of information, proposals, manuals and other materials.
4. Ensures quality work standards by editing reports, documents and letters before distribution.
5. Maintains inventory and coordinates ordering of office supplies and equipment for internal procedures.
6. Promotes positive image of the organization through communicating Bronx Parent Housing Network, Inc.’s mission and programs to a variety of audiences.
7. Delivers program and technical assistance to colleagues, in collaboration with other offices or agencies.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One to two years professional experience in social services agency required. Direct client/ participant services preferred.
Related Skills/Knowledge: Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills necessary. Ability to operate office equipment. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and database management. Basic accounting knowledge. Candidate must be proficient in written and oral English; written and oral Spanish proficiency is preferred.
Provides administrative and general support to the Bronx Parent Housing Network’s program by providing office assistance and implementing administrative systems, procedures and policies that support…