Details: Starting salary for this position is $40-60,000 annually, based on qualifications and experience, plus benefits. This position is classified as full-time exempt.
175 S. 3rd St.
About Ohio Voice
Ohio Voice is the “C3 table” that works to increase the collective impact of under-represented communities, focusing on the New American Majority (people of color, single women, and young people). The table includes a wide range of 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan partners working on many progressive issues, recognizing they are stronger together. Our core work is on increasing civic engagement (policy advocacy, movement building, and voter registration, education, and turnout) through convening, coordinating, and supporting our partners’ programs through capacity building and fundraising support. Ohio Voice is an affiliate of State Voices, a national network.
About the Position
Ohio Voice’s Operations Manager will work as part of and report to a team on a variety of projects, working closely with the Executive and Deputy Directors on accounting/finance and human relations (HR) and with other team members on logistics and systems to support the entire Ohio Voice team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about systems! The Operations Manager will be a valued member of our team - we recognize the importance of this work. We are a small organization that has grown, has many facets to our work, and is in need of processes to make sure our work is tracked and reportable for many different audiences as easily as possible. The Operations Manager will administer HR, do reconciliations and basic accounting, and support setup of systems and logistics as needed.
- A proven commitment to and passion for justice
- Relevant experience with HR, accounting, and other logistics strongly preferred
- Active interest in HR and accounting and other behind the scenes work that makes all of our work possible
- Proven ability to conceptualize and implement systems
- Proficient with spreadsheets
- Experience with Quickbooks and/or HR administration preferred
- Strong project management skills, ability to consistently meet deadlines and/or communicate when things change
- Must be able to work independently, as a team leader, and as part of a team
- A track record of working with underrepresented communities strongly preferred, particularly in communities of color, with demonstrable cultural competency
- Setting up new systems for accounting/finance, HR administration, and legal compliance
- Bookkeeping & reconciling for all organizational income and expenses for a roughly $700,000 budget (plus re-grants of $500,000 or more)
- Program, management & board financial reports (including budget to actual, balance sheet)
- Management of the annual audit & tax preparation process
- Contract management for organizational vendors, leases, re-granting
- Bi-weekly payroll administration and oversight of quarterly & annual payroll reporting
- Management of administrative filings and deadlines, including (but not limited to) lobbying reporting, insurance renewals, charitable solicitation license
- Administration of credit card program including monthly reconcilement & organizing receipts
- HR administration for all benefits, policies and procedures, personnel files
- Developing and overseeing implementation of other systems - (online) file management, grants management and evaluation, etc.
- Supporting logistics for programs as time allows/as needed (securing locations, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send an email to Gavin DeVore Leonard at email@example.com with “Operations Manager Applicant” in the Subject line, including a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in this position specifically, directly addressing your interest in the HR and accounting aspects and other systems creation and management roles of the position. Applications without a cover letter addressing these topics will not be considered or responded to.