2840 Liberty Avenue
The mission of Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti is to collaborate with the people of central Haiti’s Artibonite Valley as they strive to improve their health and quality of life. Founded in 1956, Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti is a 131-bed referral hospital that provides surgical services, internal medicine, pediatrics, high-risk maternity care, diagnostic services, and rehabilitation. The hospital receives patients referred from four HAS community health centers, as well as other local health centers.
The US administrative office is located in Pittsburgh, PA. The Database Specialist will be based in Pittsburgh, and will work under the direction of the Chief Development Officer in collaboration with the Director of Finance as an integral member of the HAS team.
To input, proof, and validate a variety of data in the donor database and related fundraising applications while ensuring the integrity of those systems. To support the Chief Development Officer and other development staff by providing accurate, timely data entry, running analytical reporting, and building best practices. This position also provides support to the finance department by assisting with financial recordkeeping tasks.
· Act as Raiser’s Edge “super user” for administration and maintenance of the database.
· Perform prompt, accurate, centralized data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database including gift processing donor information.
· Locate and correct data entry errors.
· Provide training and consultation on gift coding, analysis, and reporting.
· Assist in managing new data from outside sources, assessing integrity and appropriateness of all data identified for potential system import and conducting the upload process.
· Develop queries within the database to access specific information and perform searches to find information requested by fundraising staff.
· Generate reports for Board Members, fellow staff, and management.
· Acts as primary liaison with all users for trouble-shooting and problem solving.
· Import guest lists, event invitees and attendees into Raiser’s Edge database.
· Run mailing lists, and update records according to recent NCOA findings.
· Make recommendations to create and/or revise policies and procedures as needed for data integrity.
· Propose and implement solutions to reported database problems.
· Support accounting and audit functions and standards.
· Reconcile credit card statements, apply coding and prepare journal entry.
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
· Prepare journal entries, coding and filing invoices.
· Maintain records and file journal and general ledger documentation and other miscellaneous filings.
· Various reconciliations as requested
· Perform various administrative duties, as assigned.
· Answer phone line and direct calls, as needed.
· File documents and assist with record management.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. HAS Haiti is an ever-changing nonprofit, and reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with new needs identified by the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience working with spreadsheets and/or database(s).
· Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
· Ability to organize workload and meet strict deadlines
· Exceptional attention to detail for accurate data entry
· Computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Effective analytical and problem solving skills
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Good interpersonal and customer service skills
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software preferred
· Understanding of accounting principles and practices in a non-profit environment
· Understanding of fundraising principles and practices
HAS offers a competitive benefits package, and salary commiserate with experience.
Qualified applicants should contact Nikki Speer at email@example.com with resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Minimum Education Required